There are so many Email Marketing Software available in market such as Infusionsoft, mailchimp and many more. Most of the Serious Professionals use one of these Tools for their e-mail campaigns but a small percentage of these folks are actually experts in what I call: Email Marketing-One of the Most Efficient way to connect with your existing and prospective Clients. Following are few Best Practices that you can adopt:
1. Less than 3 Fonts: Never use more than 3 Font Types in your email. Less Clutter is always better than a messy email
2. Incentives: If your subject line has some incentive for me( as a Propspective Client) to Click. You will see improvement in Open Rate if you follow this approach
3. Location of Call-To-Action Button along with Main Message: Always keep your main Message on Top along with Call-To-Action Button( If Applicable). If it is below the fold then chances are your Prospective Clients might not see it. You can place Call-To-Action at 3 different locations in email for best results
4. Logo on Top Left Corner: Studies have shown that if you put your logo on Top Left Hand corner then it will ensure more visibility
5. Auto-Responders: Use Auto Responders for Opt-Ins. When a Person Opt in send your first Auto Responder within 1 Day then 5, 10 day and so on. Give them Bonus Material to read or some sort of treat(that's what I call) for opting in.
6. Preview before sending: Always do a Preview before sending that message out. Put yourself in your Reader's shoes and see if you want to click your own email.
7. Overwhelm Readers with Value: Provide your Readers with Lot of Value
8. Make Announcements: Share your Announcements with your Audience
These are some of many Great Habits that will make your Email Campaign a Success!
It is always good to put these kind of campaigns on Auto Mode as one of the biggest challenge everyone face is time but this investment is well worth it