Heath Golf & Yacht Club:
Heath Golf and Yacht Club is a 787 acre master planned resort style community located in the renowned city of Heath, Texas. This unique and exclusive community will offer a 27 hole championship golf course, private country club, hotel, retail, and lake access. Located in highly rated Rockwall ISD Heath Golf & Yacht will surely be one of the most sought after places to live in the DFW area. There are currently homes available for purchase so please contact me for any information regarding the community or available properties.
Please contact me for more information as I'm a local broker and area specialist and can get you up-to-date information on building and homes/lots available.
(View of HGYC from Lake Ray Hubbard)
Types of Homes/Lots Available:
Although the entirety of the master plan consists of 1227 home sites the first phase that is being currently released has 328 lots. These home sites involve 4 different distinct types of homes. Currently there are spec homes that are available as the opportunity to build a from the ground up. Message me here for more information and a tour of the different builders and options they have.
- Single Family Home Sites: These lots consist of 150 spec and build job opportunities. The price points will range from 380K-500K with Gehan Homes and Dunhill Homes as the builders. Homes will be located adjacent to parks, trails, and future elementary school.
- Patio Home Sites: These home sites were designed with the smaller family, and empty nesters in mind giving opportunities for a smaller lot in a premier community. Rendition Homes is the builder in the patio home site phase with price points targeted from 280K-400K. There are 150 lots planned in Phase 1 with close access to the clubhouse.
- Custom Home Sites: These lots are all situated on water and in premier locations in the community. The lots will range from $150,000-$395,000. The idea is that the homes on these lots will ultimately sell for $750,000-$1,500,000 and be built by the renowned custom builders with a tradition of excellence building in the Rockwall/Heath area.
- Lakefront Lots: There are 15 waterfront lots that will be available boasting panoramic views of Lake Ray Hubbard. These lots will be priced at 1,200,000-1,500,000 and will likely be some of the most sought after in all of Heath.
(Available Lakefront Lots)
The golf course at HGYC is going to be a 27 hole championship course with a resort style golf course designed by renowned designer Roy Bechtol. Bechtol Golf Design Resort style courses are designed to feel as if they are not in a residential environment. The golf course is expected to open in July 2017. Upon completion of the first 18 final 9 will begin and it will keep with a more residential course concept. The design will still allow for wide fairways consistent with Buffalo Creek Golf Club.
Golf course lots will be available for puchase at the time of the final 9 holes being developed. The projected completion date of the final 9 and all the lots is 2019.
Golf course membership will be a $20,000 initiation fee with roughly $500.00 a month in dues. Membership to the club is optional and not a requirement to live in the community. Having said that there is much anticipation for a true private club in Rockwall County and HGYC will be wonderful asset to the area.
The location for the clubhouse is situated in a cove with the pool area set to have wonderful lake views. The clubhouse is projected to be built in 3 phases with the first phase being completed when the first phase of lots are completed. The first phase will consist of 3,000 square feet. Upon completion of phase 1 the pool, 3 tennis courts and the parking lots will be completed. The clubhouse has broken ground and construction has begun!
Phase two will be an additional 7,000 square feet and is expected to be completed upon the opening of the golf course. The final phase is projected to be 15,000 square feet and will be dictated by membership sales. All residents of HGYC are required to be social members with an initiation fee of $1,000 and monthly dues of $125.00.
HGYC is an approved Municipal Management District or MMD (similar to MUD).
The proposed property tax rates are as follows:
- MMD $.80
- Rockwall ISD $1.47
- The City of Heath $.4266
- Rockwall County $.39
Total Tax Rate: $3.0866
What School Will My Children Attend:
HGYC is located in renowned Rockwall ISD. The proposed plan has the building of a new elementary school located within HGYC. As of now students will attend Amy Parks Elementary, Cain Middle School, and Heath High School. All three are highly rated schools with a reputation of excellence.
Summary of Timeline:
- Beginning of Development Work: April 2014
- Phase 1A Lots Coming Available: August 2014
- Completion of part one of clubhouse, pool, 3 tennis courts, and playground: October 2016
- Golf Course Grand Opening: July 2017
(Entrance of HGYC)
(Just Past Entrance Heading Into Development)
(View from LRH)
About Leighton: Heath Golf & Yacht Expert