May 13 is National Apple Pie Day....Celebrate
On May 13, millions across the country enjoy a piece of apple pie on National Apple Pie Day which is known as America's favorite dessert.
- The first apple pie recipe printed was in England in 1381. The list of ingredients included in the recipe were: good apples, good spices, figs, raisins, pears, saffron and cofyn (pie crust).
- Apple pie became a common food in eighteenth century United States homes but had been a favorite in Europe for hundreds of years.
- In the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, apple pie became a symbol of American prosperity and national pride.
- In 1902, A newspaper published an article that declared “No pie-eating people can be permanently vanquished.”
- Writings tell us that during World War II, when journalists asked American soldiers why they were going to war, their reply was: “for Mom and apple pie”.
- In 1970, advertisers used the patriotic connection with a commercial jingle” baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet”.
- There is a community in New Mexico named, Pie Town, which was named in honor of the apple pie.
Thanks for Reading my Real Estate Blog..........