Wow did it RAIN!!!!
It was a wild ride lastnight here in the Clear Lake City Area in Texas. I was woken up with wind howling and rain pounding on the windows not to mention the FOUR emergency alerts on my phone. Driving into the office this morning I saw numerous cars on the median and many stranded.
This gives me a reminder of how powerful Mother Nature really is. There are many things to be reminded of if you absolutely have to drive through flooded waters. THE NUMBER ONE BEST PREVENTOR OF CAR FLOOD DAMAGE IS TO JUST WAIT IT OUT ON HIGHER GROUND!!! Now this isn't too appealing when you have worked an nine hour day and all you want to do is get home to your bed but imagine the heartache of having your only way to get to work completely ruined!!!
****** DO not drive through standing waters on roads or parking lots. Now this sounds like common sense but when all we want to do is get home sometimes we ignore this very easy precaution.
- If you MUST drive through high waters (which in my opinion isn't a good idea) do your absolute best to estimate the depth of the water. If other waters are driving through take note of the depth of the water.
- Drive slowly and steadily through the water. Do not think that faster is better!!
- Do not drive through water with downed power lines.
- Watch for items floating downstream.
- If you have driven through the water and you are now on dry land be sure to test your breaks before entering into any busy roads.
- STAY OFF YOUR PHONE. Now as we all know this can be hard to do especially when panic starts to set in. You need to remain clear headed in case the worst happens.
- If you do find yourself in high water ABANDON your vehicle immediately. Do not let the water become so high you have no way out.
It can happen fast and in no time you are underwater car and all!!! Be safe and be cautious. IT CAN WAIT!
If you are thinking about selling your home in the League City or surrounding areas and would like a FREE Market Report, give me a call today! I would love to help! I can also help you find your next home! 713-542-8451
For more information about Real Estate, Tips and Advice and Local Real Estate News check out my Facebook Fan Page!
Subscribe to CommentsComment