WASHINGTON, DC (5/19/15) --- Veterans’ issues – including homelessness, the unique challenges veterans and military families face in buying or selling a home, and employment challenges, particularly for military spouses – will be the focus of a very special Memorial Day edition of “The Jennifer Hammond Show” on Urban View, SiriusXM Channel 126.
For Memorial Day weekend only, The Jennifer Hammond Show special “Military Housing Forum” will air on:
• Saturday, May 23, 2-4pm and 6-8pm ET
• Sunday, May 24, 8-10pm ET
• Monday, May 25, 12-2am ET, 11am-1pm, and 6-8pm ET
• Tuesday, May 26, 4-6am ET
For this special edition of her weekly show about making savvy real estate decisions, hostess Jennifer Hammond will be joined by a number of special guests, including Ken Robbins, Co-Founder and CEO of AgentHero, a national network of professional real estate agents, all of whom are veterans or military spouses.
AgentHero brings a unique perspective to the issue of veteran home buying and employment challenges in that its agents are all veterans or military spouses themselves who – because they have frequently relocated their own families – know first-hand what it’s like to have to buy or sell a home, often in less than ideal market conditions.
“Data show that veterans have the skills and expertise that make them highly marketable and highly valuable employees,” Robbins explains. “The challenge has been breaking down the barriers to access to the job market and opening up pathways to opportunity.”
Noting that about half a million military families move every year, he continues, “While AgentHero is geared to serve the entire real estate marketplace, we are uniquely positioned to understand and address some of the critical challenges facing our active duty and veteran populations, and to improve the real estate industry by creating long-term housing solutions for those who need and deserve this higher level of service.”
Other guests on the Special Memorial Day edition of The Jennifer Hammond Show include:
• Jessica Venegas (Director of Strategic Partnerships, Community Solutions), Tom O'Toole (Acting Director, VA National Center on Homelessness Among Veterans), Lt. Col. (Ret.) Deborah Snyder (Founder, Operation Renewed Hope Foundation), and Barbara van Dahlen (President and Founder, Give an Hour) discussing veteran homelessness;
• Cindy Simerly (Vice President, Military Child Education Coalition), John Bell, III (Assistant Director Loan Policy and Valuation, Department of Veterans Affairs), Richard Morris (Navy Federal Credit Union), and Cristin Orr Shiffer (Deputy Research Director, Blue Star Families) discussing the challenges military families face in buying or selling a home; and
• Noreen O'Neil (Director of Military Spouse Employment Program, US Chamber of Commerce), Rosemary Williams (Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Military Community & Family Policy), and Heidi Robbins (Berkshire/Hathaway rookie of the year) discussing careers in real estate for veterans and military spouses.
For more information about the special Memorial Day weekend edition of The Jennifer Hammond Show, visit www.siriusxm.com or follow Jennifer on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/jenniferhrealty or on Twitter and Instagram at @JenniferHRealty.
A portion of all AgentHero proceeds is donated to charities that support U.S. veterans and active-duty military. For more information, visit http://www.agentherorealtors.com