The Holli McCray Group at Keller Williams Realty (865) 694-5904
The Benefits of Owning a Brick Home
Most of us would agree that brick is beautiful on homes. It has long been considered to be a superior siding product when compared to vinyl, synthetic stucco and Hardie plank. However, aside from the aesthetic value it brings to a home, are there really any other benefits to owning a brick home? We did some research and this is what we found...
- Brick offers superior protection compared to other popular siding materials: Brick is a non-combustible material, so it offers superior fire protection. It also offers better protection from high winds/hurricanes, moisture and hail.
- Brick lasts longer and is very low maintenance: Brick can't tear or be damaged by termites. And aside from some routine pressure washing, brick does not require any attention or upkeep.
- Brick is naturally energy efficient: Brick has the ability to store heat and slowly release it. In the winter, brick can store the heat generated in your home and slowly release it back into the home.
- Brick absorbs noise: It offers far superior acoustic advantages over other siding materials
- Brick is a sustainable "green" product: Brick is made from shale and clay, which are both some of the most abundant materials on earth. It is a "minimal waste" product because it has countless recycling options and the process for manufacturing brick is environmentally friendly.
So the next time you're looking at a brick home, think of all the additional advantages it will provide aside from the curb appeal!
If you're considering buying a brick home, or any other home, visit our website to view all of the homes for sale in the Knoxville area. You can also give us a call at (865) 335-0542 and one of our buyer specialists will be happy to help you with your home search.