Are you spending some time in the Kailua-Kona area? Maybe you live here, maybe you come often, or maybe you're on a once in a lifetime vacation. Whatever your reason, one thing's for sure, you're gonna have to eat!
If you're like a lot of us, you'd rather spend your precious time in paradise out in the sun and at the beach rather than spending hours at a restaurant for a long meal. Don't get me wrong, sitting down for an exquisite meal another thing to consider doing while in Kona, but when you're on the move and just want to grab'n go, consider these food stops in Kona. They'll have you out the door in a matter of minutes, without compromising on taste, quality, or value.
They may even inspire you to move here...
5. Patricio's Taqueria- Patricio's does Mexican right! They focus on delivering fresh quality ingredients at a fair and affordable price. Be sure to try some of their homemade tortilla chips, and remember that they have a great breakfast menu as well.
4. Killer Tacos- This local favorite is nicely hidden within the industrial area of Kona. The staff is always super friendly and amazingly fast. Any selection on the menu will leave you full and satisfied, especially the burritos. It's the perfect pit stop on the way to the Old Kona Airport Recreation Area for a sunset picnic.
3. Umeke's- This Deli style eatery almost has a cult-like following in Kona. Its hawaiian style cuisine and Poke bowls are incredibly good. Don't forget to try the mason-jar lemonades too!
2. Basik Acai- You will be blown away at just how amazing this place is. The ingredients alone will leave you feeling good about what you've ordered, and the taste will keep you coming back for more. The acai bowls are surprisingly filling and the unique combinations of ingredients create stunning flavors that will make you want to try everything on the menu.
1. Da Poke Shack-This award winning stop deserves every accolade it has received. It specializes in, you guessed it, Poke bowls, and also has a great Hawaiian inspired menu. It's tucked in nicely on Ali'i Dr right by Banyon's surf spot which makes it a popular stop for locals. Always fresh, always filling, and always fast. A must have when in Kona.
So there you have. Next time you're in a rush to get to the beach or catch a sunset, be sure check out one of these favorite quick eat spots in Kona. The area has a great selection of original dining choices, so think twice before you mindlessly stop at the typical fast food drive thru.
And remember, the experts at LUVA Real Estate are here to answer any questions and help you in whatever way possible to make your experience on the Big Island unforgettable.
Subscribe to CommentsComment