Are you Addicted to Approval
Signs of being addicted to approval include:
1. You are very aware of the expectations of others. They also affect how you feel about yourself.
2. You are constantly worried about how others view you/ what they are thinking about you.
3. You choose NOT to do things that others don’t approve of for fear of judgment and rejection.
4. You DO things you don’t want to do as you fear others making fun or you, putting you down, or talking about it.
5. You feel anxious and upset if you think you have upset or irritated someone – and desperately try to make things right.
6. You think the views and opinions of others are more informed and valuable than yours.
7. You agree when others criticise and put you down. Then you start to attack and feel ashamed of yourself.
8. You reject yourself if other people reject you, and basically believed that at core you are flawed.