The hot summer months can take a big toll on your utility bills if you’re not careful. Here are a few suggestions for staying cool while remaining energy-efficient.
1. Set your thermostat as high as you can while remaining comfortable. It is recommended that you keep the thermostat at 78 degrees while you are at home and 85 degrees while you are away.
2. Use appliances wisely. Try to refrain from using the stove, oven, clothes dryer, and dishwasher during the hot hours of the day.
3. Maximize shade. Keep shades and blinds closed during the day and open at night. Consider placing trees and awnings outside your largest west-facing windows.
4. Maximize ventilation. Open windows at night and utilize fans to pull in the cool night air.
5. Air Conditioning Service. Make sure you have your air conditioning serviced each summer. Keeping it clean and running well will cut energy costs.
Enjoy Your Summer!!!!
If you or someone you know is
Selling, Buying or Investing in Real Estate
in the Pocono's
Call me today at 570-588-8085
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit my website at