In May of 2015, 34% of the traffic on ActiveRain came from a mobile phone. The growth we are experiencing on that area of the site is tremendous and we love that the community is taking full advantage of it!
ActiveRain has made a major investment in the past year to make sure that your blog posts look amazing on a mobile device. But, did you also know that we've been building out a mobile web experience that helps you to connect, share, and learn with your peers in the community?
All of our development has been on "mobile web" version of the site. This is not an app that you need to download. The majority of our users on ActiveRain are consumers visiting the site so our focus is on making you look great on their phone in a normal web browser.
In our latest software release (June 8, 2015), we introduced three more pieces of the puzzle to help you stay connected on the go:
With our mobile notification alerts, every time you visit ActiveRain on your phone you'll see a bright orange indicator to alert you to new activity on your content. This smart system of notifications helps you to stay plugged in to all of the conversations happening in the Rain.
My Home Page
The My Home page is a one-stop-shop to see all of the activity on your account. You can filter what kind of information appears on the page and manage it like an inbox by deleting events that no longer matter to you.
The page reports all of these events:
- Messages from contact forms
- New followers
- Blog likes
- Comments received
- Comment likes
- Referral requests
- Referral alerts
- Question likes
- Answers received
- Answers Upvoted
- Tagged in someone else's content
This is the most highly trafficked page by members on our site!
Contact Form Messages (Lead Alerts)
One of the biggest business drivers for our members is when a visitor to ActiveRain submits the contact form on the side of their blog or profile page. Common examples of the kinds of contacts arriving on these forms.
Hi, I have clients who are interested in buying a home in one of the Chicago suburbs...possibly Oswego. I'd like to refer them to you if you are interested.
I see that many people recommend your service. Do you have time for an inspection on Monday (May 4th)?
I spoke to you recently about buying a condo in the UT area since my wife is now teaching in UT. We've found one we're interested in. I need to get a preapproval letter so please send me the required forms ASAP.
In our June 8th release, we built the "Message" page in a mobile friendly format so you can quickly respond to your leads and make a great first impression.
What Else Can I Do On My Phone?
If you are new to ActiveRain (or just haven't been paying attention for the past 12 months!), you can also access all of the functionality listed below on your phone. Click on these links from your phone to check them out.
- Home Page - A real-time feed of the most popular content on ActiveRain.
- Points - View your point accumulation over the past two months.
- Following - View the people you are following and filter the list by location and profession.
- Followers - View the members who are following YOU and easily follow them in return.
- Ask a Question - Pose a new question to the ActiveRain community.
- Blog Home - Search through the latest and greatest blog posts on ActiveRain, including a filter to only view blog posts written by people you follow.
- Question Home - See the peer-to-peer questions that are driving the most engagement.
- Bookmarks (unique link for each person) - Access the questions and blog posts bookmarked on your account.
- My Blog (unique link for each person) - View all of the blog posts published to your account.
And our favorite page of all:
Because if you don't log in to the site, you don't get to enjoy any of the features mentioned above.
If you haven't experienced the ActiveRain mobile site now is the time!