The Secret of Success
Why are some people so successful in life? What is the secret behind their success? Research indicates that there are ten common traits that appear to contribute to a person’s success:
1. Pay attention to your thoughts as they determine your future: Always be positive and develop a “can do” mind set. Steer clear of negative people who would seek to undermine your commitment to your goals. Focus on success, and not on failure.
2. Be concrete and specific when you dream and set goals: Write down the steps that will lead you there, then track your progress and make changes if needed.
3. Take action: Goals are just words until you actually do something. Every day take a step that moves you in the right direction.
4. Be a life-long learner: Get more training, take a class and acquire news skills. Keep reading widely to expand your knowledge base.
5. Be tenacious, persistent and don’t give up:Hard work is behind every winner’s success.
6. Process the facts and the details:Get information and feedback. Notice what works and what doesn’t.
7. Stay focused: Don’t be distracted by people or things. Prioritise your time and stay focused on your goals.
8. Be innovative and creative: Following the crowd doesn’t take you very far. Don’t be afraid to try something new and give yourself permission to think outside the box.
9. Develop and practise good people skills: To be effective, we need to learn what motivates and brings the best out of others. Also, we need to deal with people in a way that is respectful, open, firm and fair.
10. Be responsible, reliable and dependable: Your word must be your bond, you must do what you say,and follow through on your commitments to others. If this block is not in place, then nothing else will matter!