Our latest round of updates, fixes, and new features was released on Monday, June 8th. This release did not require any downtime on the site and was finished around 1PM Pacific.
Our primary areas of focus were:
- Building out the Notifications and My Home functionality for your mobile phone.
- Redesigned registration flow for new members.
Here are the changes that you will see in this release:
- AR-455 We added the orange notification alert to our mobile website to notify you as others engage with your content.
- AR-451 The My Home page is now available on mobile phones! Keep up with all of your notifications while you are on the road.
- AR-452 When an ActiveRain member or site visitor submits a contact form on one of your pages, the message page and details are immediately available on your phone.
- AR-462 We updated the navigation menu on our mobile site to include the new "My Home" page.
- AR-459 On our desktop site, we added the "date received" field to messages that you see as people connect with you via contact forms on the site.
- AR-461 We fixed a bug that was blocking notification emails to be sent when a member is tagged in an answer.
- AR-490 We updated the link in our "Comment Notification Email" so it takes you directly that comment within the blog post.
New Member Registration
- AR-302 We updated the look and repaired a number of small bugs on the registration form that real estate professionals use to create their account on ActiveRain.
- AR-303 We redesigned the page in our registration workflow where a new member decides if they want a free account or a paid RainMaker account. The sales messaging was clarified and the overall experience was simplified.
- AR-471 We added an "order confirmation page" to serve as a receipt for our users when they upgrade to a RainMaker account.
- AR-472 We now email a receipt to members when they initially upgrade to RainMaker.
- AR-319 We created a new series of onboarding emails designed to get our newest members active in the community faster.
- AR-460, AR-464 We added a new step to the Activation Workflow (both desktop and mobile) that requests a member photo, company, and primary market at the earliest point possible so they look great on the site.
Question & Answer
- AR-450 The "Answer Comments" are now visible as soon as the page loads to make them easier for our members to discover.
- AR-465 We changed the sort order on "Answer Comments" to display oldest to newest for a better conversational flow.
- AR-372 We added logic to the question pages that will hide the "Type Your Answer" box after a member leaves their answer on their question.
- AR-483 We fixed a newer bug that was causing the same 10 answers to keep showing up every time a member clicked "Load More" on our mobile question pages.
- AR-515 Updated the "Last Change Saved" time stamp on a draft blog post to be more comprehensive by including saves via auto-save, the Save button, clicking Close, clicking Publish, and clicking Schedule. This is part of an effort to solve why a small group of members are seeing inconsistent results when saving their blog posts.
- AR-446 We repaired an issue that was making it difficult to tag certain members in blog post comments. Thank you, John McCormack .
- AR-442 We fixed a bug that was preventing certain members from adding a widget on their outside blogs.
- AR-470 We fixed a bug that was breaking the Follower Page when a member was following a deleted account. Thank you, John Novak .
- AR-492 We made a change on the new Stats Page so the values "0" and "-" (which are basically the same thing) are no longer sorted at opposite ends of the spectrum. Thank you, Tammy Lankford .
- AR-513 We fixed a bug on the Stats Page that was only allowing members to sort from high to low in the "Short URL" column.
- AR-489 We addressed a small bug on our new Stats Page that was discarding the keyword search when a member sorted the columns in their search results.
Other Great Stuff
- AR-485 We updated the sort order on our Top Bloggers page so it displays the members with the most followers at the top of the list.
- AR-499 We updated the logic on the Leaderboard to show the total number of both public and members-only posts. Before this release, it was only reporting on public posts. Thank you, Andrea HoffDomin .
- AR-469 We added the "Sign Up" button back on to the the website header following a two month test with a different approach.
- AR-519 We fixed a very strange bug that was limiting the number of blog posts by people you follow that were presented on the Blog Home page. Thank you Liz and Bill Spear for the big assist on this one.
- AR-522 We did some database cleanup on a number of accounts that were showing the text "&" instead of a good old-fashioned "&" symbol on member names, companies, and taglines. Thank you, Lynn B. Friedman .
We appreciate all of the feedback you provide and enjoy seeing all of this development work put to good use.
Don't forget to login on your mobile phone to see the new mobile features.
Let it Rain!