Relocation Information from Ohio to Arizona
(Preparing for the trip)
When relocating across country everything has to be moved at once. Some decide to lighten their load by having yard sales, some donate and some give items away. Most end up doing both.
The trip from Ohio to Arizona is roughly 30 to 40 hours by automobile. This depends on what part of Ohio you’re coming from, how many stops are made, how long you remain stopped as well as what is being hauled.
There are many hotels and restaurants along the way. Remember if you choose a hotel near the highway the cost will be much higher than if you go a few miles off the highway.
If you fly it can take from 4 to 7 hours. When booking your flight, if a connecting flight is involved, make sure you have ample time to get to the next flight. Some airports are much larger than others and more confusing to navigate. Some have trains, escalators, elevators and some have long unexpected distances to walk.
Hauling truck/Moving Company/Moving Container/Car Hauler?
If renting a hauling truck or container be sure the dimensions that you are being quoted is on the inside. It is a good ideal to measure your large items before deciding on what size container to rent. Make sure that everything in your house will fit into the chosen unit. Also make sure a second unit is available in case you need it. Even if you have to pay a deposit, it could be worth it in the end.
You may also need to consider a car transport company for your vehicles. They pick up your car on your specified date and drop off your automobile at your destination.
Many truck rental companies also rent car haulers. They carry two types of car haulers that I know of. One is a full trailer which keeps your car off the ground. The other is a two wheel car haulers, where the two back wheels of your car are on the ground.
Everyone says to pack strategically, but no one really tells how. It is a given to mark each box or tub with the room that the items are suppose to be in.
Here are my suggestions!
Make the investment to purchase plastic tubs. This will help to preserve your belongings. They are much stronger and less likely to crush under the pressure of a long road trip. Use masking tape to write the name of the room that the items go in as not to deface the tubs.
- When putting your belongings on the truck, place the least needed items on first. Make sure that your most needed items go on last or closest to the door.
- Keep a small bag that contains toiletries, under clothes, medications, and anything else that you may need in an emergency, with you.
- DON’T FORGET TO CARRY MONEY FOR THE TOLL BOOTHS!!!
- If you drive be sure to carry plenty of water, blankets, road flairs, non perishable snacks and a flashlight.
- Make sure to bring an original or certified copy of your children’s birth certificates, their school and shot records.
- Send out individual change of address forms and also put in a change of address with the post office.
- Notify all utility companies of your timeline.
If you have a timing issue with your move in date, or furniture arrival date, a storage facility could be the answer. If moving to the Avondale or Goodyear area my friends at American Mini Storage would be glad to accommodate. (623) 936-8466 Just ask for Lesly, Don or Jerry.
If Store More would be more convenient they will also accommodate. (623) 925-9272 Just ask for Blenda.
Be sure to tell them your Realtor, Marquise Wood sent you.