OK, so this post today, is geared towards hopefully helping someone in their business and also to give the consumer an idea of how I handle my marketing. I've read quite a few posts on ActiveRain and other forums that I participate in wanting to know what marketing works and whether or not we should try this of that. First let me say, the most important think about marketing, by far, is consistency. Whatever plan you implement, in your business, you must commit to it for a minimum of one year. If you are not able to make this commitment then don't waste your time or your money. You would have better luck buying lottery tickets. All marketing needs to be a long term plan. There are NO quick fixes or miracle cure alls in Real Estate. I will be doing these things until I am an official old "codger". ***OK just trying to tie in my codger graphic by Jay Merton.
The things I do, I have been doing for years. I rarely change my plan and if I do it is usually to add on, not to change. The best way to demonstrate this is to show you what I do and how it pays off. So here goes:
- I run a ¼ page ad in our Homeowner Association Newspaper. This paper is delivered to every property owner in my market (65,000 people) once a month. Cost: $189.00 a month. I usually get 1 or 2 listings a month from it.
- I run a ½ page ad in a community advertiser newspaper. This paper is delivered to every resident in my market area once a month. Cost: $285.00 a month. Good for 1 to 2 listings a month.
- I have a full page ad in the Harmon Homes free home guide. This has my listings in it and is distributed through out Central Florida and is online as well. Cost: $329.00 per month. 2 to 3 solid buyer leads a month.
- HomeGain.com.: I have been a member of HomeGain since it's inception. I pay nothing for this service and get 3 to 5 listings a year from it. I pay a 30% referral fee at closing.
- QuantumMail.com: I use this service for my post cards. I send out anywhere from 1,000 to 4,000 a month and it cost .52 a card. Good for a listing or 2 a month.
- I mail my expired letter, every day, to all expired and withdrawn listings in my area. Time and postage. Good for 2 to 3 listings a month.
- ActiveRain: Well what can I say, it's free. I have received several listings this year directly from the consumer and have received 2 referrals from members that I am still working on.
- I also have my new blogsite at BrokerBryant.com. This site is not 100% yet but will be geared towards my local market.
- And most importantly, my past customers and business from relationships I have built in my community over a 13 year period.
So, as you can see, it's not one thing that I do. It's a combination of many things that are all connected to each other. My market area, Poinciana Fl, is very defined. I do not wander into unknown territory. I do what I do very well and I stick to it. I've actually had my competitors tell me how "lucky" I am to have so much business just "fall in my lap". They truly don't "get it". If you are relying on luck in Real Estate, well like I said earlier, go buy some lottery tickets. The odds are better.
Does this help?