It seems like ages when I lived a ‘non-green’ lifestyle. I changed slowly from eco-not-so-friendly to eco-friendly by beginning recycling. It is really easy and can be done at any of the homes in Clarksville TN.
Here are a few tips that will help you recycle:
1. Make a composite pile in your garden- this will allow you to recycle organic waste. It’ll include lawn clippings and newspapers. In a few days, you will have a lot of compost to add to your garden.
2. All the harmful chemicals must be disposed properly. These chemicals may be pesticides, oils, cleaners, paints or batteries. You can’t just throw them down the drain or dump them on the ground. Check the Clarksville TN Bi-County Solid Waste Management for disposal instructions.
3. Go to your local recycling center and ask them the kind of materials they accept. You can then store all the recyclable materials and go to the center once a week and drop them off. For example, you can wash your milk bottles with a little water, and then squash them. Then you can take them to the local recycling center.
4. Buy some hard plastic bins and dump the trash in appropriate bins. This will help you separate the organic waste from the inorganic one. You can buy 3 bins and label them paper, plastic and metal. That’s what I do, and it helps me sort out my trash for recycling purposes.
5. Leave your lawn grass a bit longer, and leave the clippings on the lawn. This would be helpful, as grass and leaves take up more than 8% of the landfill wastes.
Apart from these tips to recycle at houses in Clarksville TN, I’d like to add that the best thing that you can do is not to purchase any harmful chemicals in the first place. Apart from that, buy food in big packaging instead of multiple small ones. The smaller the package is, the more plastic it requires for its packing.
So why recycle? Because everyone doing their small part means a healthier earth for future generations.
Keller Williams realty Clarksville TN