Have you ever heard of the term “decision fatigue“? Basically, the idea is that the more decisions you make throughout the day, the less effective our decision making becomes.
Having a generic routine for the Working Weekdays will save your mental energy for more important decisions that are bound to come up in your work as a Real Estate agent.
You’ll get into a flow of the routine and by doing so, you’ll hit all the most important areas in your career even when you’re running on auto-pilot. (Of course, many realtors work on Weekends in some fashion, but that takes a different schedule that I’m saving for another post.)
Here are my top tips for your daily routine:
1. Personally Start Your Day. Get ready and complete whatever rituals you have.
2. 10 Minutes of Planning. I’m a big believer in this. We have a daily organizational checklist that really gives you a structure. Some do that the night before. Some start the day by looking at that plan.
3. Start With Coaching. If you’re a coaching client, get onto the 1st Fifteen Webinar and Live Q&A Call.
4. Get Immediately Into Action. Start doing the things that you planned to do. (To help this, do your 10 minutes of planning in your office at the first part of the day.) Just remember to stay in your office. Don’t leave. All the things that could be done in your office are best done there in the first part of the day.
Every top agent I’ve spoken to about this says when you get busy and leave your office for the day…it’s very hard to get back and do anything organized.
5. Lunch Smart. Some people try lunching with colleagues or business people; I love that idea. But everyone does things differently.
6. Get On the Town. After lunch, it’s time to conduct previews of houses to build your business, inspections, CMA street work – driving and walking out to see the houses, knocking on doors.
7. Time for Appointments. Schedule these later in the afternoon and early evening.
Give this routine a try today, and let us know how it goes! Join the conversation on our Facebook Page.
Hug the ones you love.
Have a great day.
And make sale.