How to be Your own Best Friend
1. Treat yourself the way you would treat a person who you loved, highly valued, and cared about.
2. Always love yourself – no matter what!
3. Only say positive, compassionate, understanding and affirming things about, and to, yourself.
4. Hold your own hand in tough and stressful times. Don’t abandon yourself, or let yourself down.
5. Respect yourself, and the efforts that you’re making to be a better person, and to change and to grow.
6. Understand your limitations, be patient with yourself. Accept that it takes time to master anything at all.
7. Be kind to yourself when you feel self-critical, or you want to be judgmental and hard on yourself.