I was just thinking, what would God want to see in a Realtor before allowing them to pass through the Pearly Gates? I guess some of the most important criteria would be:
- Did you put others best interest ahead of your own?
- Did you show homes based solely upon the clients criteria no matter what the commission was?
- Did you show homes that were listed by other Realtors no matter which company or your personal feelings toward that listing Realtor?
- Did you work with all people that asked for your help regardless of their age, sex, nationality, religion or sexual persuasion.
- Did you provide service providers based solely upon their merit and the benefits they bring to your client?
- Did you give answers to questions and concerns that were truthful and let your client know if you did not know the answer?
- When trying to get a listing did you always have the clients best interest at heart?
- Did you provide a truthful and honest assessment of the current market value, best list price, expected sale price and the amount of time it would most likely take to sell the home?
- Did you promote the home as a professional with pictures of the interior and exterior of the home as well as the surrounding community?
- Would you allow the seller out of their contract should they not be satisfied with your services?
- Did you let your client know your areas of expertise and the communities that you work and also areas that you are not so familiar with?
- Do you know the meaning of Fiduciary?
These seem to be the standards I try to always keep in mind and live up to. Are there others that were missed. Are there some on the list you don't feel should be asked?
Tony & Dani Lewis
RE/MAX of Valencia