The 1st quarter in real estate has ended and the stats are in, and everybody loves the stats. The following statistics are from the South Central Wisconsin MLS and, to quote my favorite blogger, they are deemed reliable but are not guaranteed. The problem with market snapshots like these is that there are a number of ways to look at the market. This particular view is by school district. In some respects, I'm comparing apples to oranges because I know some of these homes are in the city and some in the country. But then I could factor in all sorts of specifics like age, number of bedrooms, square footage, and this blog would go on forever. However, if you have a specific question about the market you home would be in, I'd be happy to help--no strings attached.
Mt. Horeb School District
- Currently, 137 homes on the market.
- Current average List Price = $337,000
- 23 Sold Jan. - Mar.
- Ave Sale Price = $258,234
(because Mt. Horeb is my primary market I want to add that there are currently 15 additional homes that have accepted offers or are pending sale for a total of 38 homes with transactions in the works or finished)
Verona Area School District
- Currently, 171 homes on the market
- Current average List Price = $368,226
- 40 sold Jan. - Mar
- Ave. Sale Price = $297,545
Middleton-Cross Plains School District
- Currently, 240 homes on the market
- Current average List Price = $535,703
- 42 sold Jan-Mar
- Ave. Sale Price = $408, 102
Barneveld School District
Dodgeville School District
Wisconsin Heights School District