Plagiarists Wanted, Dead or Alive!
Now before we go any further, please do not go out and kill or hunt down any plagiarists this week, or I will be the first to suggest that you are arrested.
The purpose of this post is to warn any present day or future plagiarists that there are people here in the rain that routinely seek out your sort, not to give you a pat on the back, but to put your butt in slammer.
Personally, I don’t care, life is too short to spend any of it worrying about what anyone else is doing, I just live and let live, unless they give me a reason.
But there are others who get very upset about this and can do a plagiarism check on your blog faster than you can look up how to spell Plagiarism.
If you have yet to grab someone else's words, pictures or snicker-doodle; DON’T DO IT!
It is just not worth it, AR will delete your post, audit your blog and maybe even delete your blog.
And that is only the minor part, if the person or entity that you borrowed the content or picture from catches you they may, make you even more uncomfortable with much more than a point reduction.
This will cost you some serious real world points, like good old American dollars.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE THE MISTAKE OF BORROWING SOMETHING
- Get permission from the owner of the copy or photo.
- Edit your blog post, attributing the content and or photo, and check that little box that says something to the effect that this is not my stuff.
Or better yet.
Go back through your own blog, yes all the way to the beginning, and just delete any blog posts that may have a guilty conscience.
After seeing several plagiarism reports this week I really do not want to see another, so please ACT QUICKLY, and get that stuff out of the Rain!!!!
And a Couple of things to emphasize here.
- Stealing is ALWAYS BAD, whether I make light or not!
- You MUST, get permission and Attribute any work that is not your own.
- Nobody expects you to be a great writer, just an honest one, so write what ever comes from you, not what comes from someone else.
ps, if you would like to know how to get some FREE PHOTOS, let me know, my goal is to keep you all above the law and out of PLAGIARISM PRISON.