It's that time of year again! Florida's Back to School Sales Tax Holiday 2015starts at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 7, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 16, 2015.
Florida Department of Revenue has several lists on their site that go into detail on what is exempt during this week.
Between 8/7/15 and 8/16/15, Florida law directs that no sales tax or local option tax (also known as discretionary sales surtax) will be collected on purchases of:
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling from $100 or less per item
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item, and
- Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories on the first $750 of the sales price, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
This holiday does not apply to:
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Rentals or leases of any of these items
- Repairs or alterations of any of these items or
- Sales of clothing, school supplies, or computer,s and computer-related accessories in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $100
Qualifying College Textbooks are Exempt from Sales and Use Tax July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016.