So you've got a listing presentation, right?
And whenever you're going to go on a listing appointment, you run your comparable sales numbers, put them into the presentation, print the pages out and then mount them in a nice presentation folder. And then off you go with hope in your heart that you'll be the chosen one at the end of day. And sometimes you are the chosen one. You beat the competition, get the listing and start the marketing of the property.
What if I told you there is a better way?
After doing all the prep work for several years in Real Estate and printing out all those expensive color pages, I finally got tired of spinning my wheels and had a huge light bulb moment.
What if I could use my IPad for my listing presentation?
So I did.
I spent several weeks building the slides in Keynote (Apple version of PowerPoint). That meant pulling graphics and logos and images from online sources and putting them into the slides. That was the hardest part. Some of what I needed or wanted to use didn't exist, so I had to create it. But that turned out to be pretty easy because both PowerPoint and Keynote provide charts and graphs and other tools for those purposes.
When I was done, I ended up with a slick and easy to use Listing Presentation. So why should you take the plunge and put your listing presentation on your tablet?
Because there are several benefits of having a listing presentation on your tablet.
1. It is easily editable. I can add information, logos and services or remove complete slides in a matter of minutes and be ready to go. And check this out...if I need to leave a slide or several slides out for whatever reason, I can just delete them for that specific listing presentation because they are always in the master presentation.
2. With only two quick edits, my listing presentation is ready for any potential seller. I add the potential seller's name and address on the title slide and then the market numbers on the expected list/sale price slide and I'm good to go.
3. Printing. Instead of printing off 30-40 full color pages for each listing, I now print my slides in a 6 up format which means there are 6 slides per page. The entire presentation is printed on 5 pages quickly and easily. The only other pages I print are the tax record and the MLS CMA pages. I'd do that anyways with a full paper presentation.
4. My presentation impresses sellers every time. They love that I have my IPad sitting there and that I can discuss the material of each slide without having to turn pages or read what is on the page. It just looks cool, works cool and makes me look like I'm an exceptional REALTOR® who knows what I'm doing because I do. I know the script for every page and can move easily in and out of the different slides as needed.
5. My presentation is better protected this way. I cannot tell you how many times I've walked into a listing I secured (like at an open house) only to find the listing presentation from the competition lying on the kitchen counter. The information from my presentation is shown in slide format for reference rather than for my competition to see and read.
6. I am Internet and MLS savvy. I can not only run my presentation, but I can search for homes immediately as well because I have my tablet open and running. I can't tell you how many times I've been able to go right to the MLS and pull competitive listings or other information because I had my tablet open, running and ready. And there's no waiting for a laptop to wake up and take 5 minutes before I can use it.
7. I win listings. Sure I don't get every listing, but I get almost every listing because my listing presentation is so good and I know what I'm doing. Since I moved my listing presentation to my IPad, my success rate from listing appointments has gone through the roof.
There are other benefits, but that should be enough to get you to consider moving your listing presentation to your tablet. If you're intrigued by this but technology scares you, let me encourage you to especially pull the trigger and dive in. And here's why. It will force you to learn and make you better at what you do.
And if you go with an IPad, the Apple store will give you FREE training. And if you need further help, there's always a teenager around you can borrow!