What are some of my favorite restaurants in Charlotte NC? As a South Charlotte Realtor, I get asked this question a lot, particularly from home buyers relocating to Charlotte. It's always hard to come up with a great list on the spot, so I decided to pull together a list of some of my favorite restaurants in Charlotte NC, as well as some other highly popular restaurants that you will want to try. After all, sharing a great meal at a super restaurant is what Charlotte lifestyle is all about!
Charlotte is a BIG city, so I'm no expert on good restaurants that are NORTH of Uptown Charlotte! I don't get up that way very much, because there are so many wonderful choices from Uptown Charlotte down to South Charlotte and Ballantyne, and that's where my business and personal focus is. I'm going to start my list from Uptown Charlotte, and work down towards South Charlotte. Please feel free to add your own favorites if I've missed a good one! So here's a list of my favorite restaurants in Charlotte, in no particular order:
Great Restaurants in Charlotte – Uptown
- Luce – Upscale Italian. Loved it!
- Mert’s Heart and Soul. Delicious soul food with a modern twist.
- Roosters Wood-Fired Kitchen – Yummy southern small plates with local ingredients
- Halcyon – Showcasing local artisinal farms, cheesemakers and wineries. Pricy, but delish!
- The King’s Kitchen – Incredible southern cuisine with a heart – all profits go to feed the poor and provide job-training for for those needing a good job.
- Capital Grille – Fine dining with great seafood and steaks
- Blue – Sophisticated Mediterranean cuisine. Bring your wallet!
- Bentley’s on 27 – French cuisine served table side. Expensive – you’re paying for the view!
- Basil Thai – So happy that Charlotte is embracing Thai food, my favorite!
- Enzo Asian Bistro and Sushi Bar – Located at the EpiCentre. Who can resist good sushi?
- 5 Church Restaurant – Trendy and popular restaurant in Uptown
- Fahrenheit – Go there for drinks and soak in the view!
- Aria Tuscan Grill – Yummy Tuscan-inspired food, and Charlotte’s only chef’s table
Great Restaurants in Charlotte – Myers Park and Midtown
- Vivace – Contemporary Italian trattoria
- Dresslers Restaurant – Always fun to visit the Metropolitan in Midtown
- Good Food on Montford – One of my faves! Tapas style, beautiful and tasty!
- Stagioni – This is on my LIST! Ravereviews from people in the know!
- Lumiere – Special occasion French cuisine!
- Ru Sans – Japanese sushi and cuisine
- Selwyn Pub – Perennial favorite pub in Charlotte
- Rocksalt – Sustainable seafood, oyster bar and wood-fired grill
Great Restaurants in Charlotte – Dilworth
- 300 East – Beautiful setting and wonderful, eclectic menu
- Bonterra – Sophisticated Southern cuisine with local flavors, in an old church!
- The Summit Room – Southern plates and specialty cocktails
- Copper Modern Indian Cuisine – Great Indian food in an historic Dilworth bungalow
- Mayobird – Homemade chicken sale done right, and lots of varieties
- Thai Thai Takeout – Spicy, yummy takeout with large portions, for when you’re too tired to cook
Great Restaurants in Charlotte – South End
- Mac’s Speed Shop – Famous for its barbecue, but I go for the wings and other tasty bar bites
- Nan and Byron’s – One of my new favorites. Casual American fare with a flair
- Tupelo Honey Cafe – Creative Southern food made from scratch
- Price’s Chicken Coop – Divine fried chicken; some of the best you’ll ever have at this historic, take-out only joint
- Luciano’s Ristorante Italiano – Family style northern Italian cuisine
- Luna’s Living Kitchen – Plant-based cuisine and cold-pressed juices. For the vegans in Charlotte!
- Olde Mecklenburg Brewery – Great place to enjoy great beer with friends on a fine Charlotte day
- The Liberty – Charlotte’s first gastropub, with chef-driven cuisine and many beer and wine choices
- Futo Buta – Japanese ramen house taken to creative new heights
Great Restaurants in Charlotte – Plaza Midwood
- Soul Gastrolounge – Always packed and popular, tapas and sushi and delicious cocktails. One of my faves!
- The Diamond – Great diner since 1945 with burgers and blue plate specials
- Zada Jane’s – Corner cafe is a neighborhood gathering spot, with breakfast served all day
- Lang Van Vietnamese – Fantastic Vietnamese food with a friendly atmosphere
- Dish – Southern comfort food in a rustic, laid back setting
- Peculiar Rabbit – American farm-to-fork gastropub
- Fern Flavors from the Garden – Creative vegetarian menu
- Whiskey Warehouse – Charlotte’s best rooftop bar, with wide variety of drink specials and great ribs
Great Restaurants in Charlotte – Elizabeth
- The Fig Tree – Glorious! Fine dining with fresh, seasonal ingredients paired beautifully with wine
- Carpe Diem – New American cuisine in an art deco setting
- Custom Shop – Fresh, hand-crafted custom dishes; one of Charlotte’s hottest new restaurants
- Passion 8 – Exquisite dishes from local producers
- Kennedy’s Premium Bar and Grill – Fun Irish bar with great outdoor seating and yummy apps!
Great Restaurants in Charlotte – Southpark
- Dogwood Southern Table – modern Southern kitchen serving Carolinas products. One of my newest faves
- Barrington’s – Fine dining, always on the Best of Charlotte restaurant list. Small, intimate setting, spectacular dining
- Block and Grinder – (Cotswold) OMG, the fresh beef! All meat hand cut/grinded for you fresh
- Paco’s Tacos and Tequila – Tex Mex with an emphasis on local ingredients
- Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse – Fine dining in luxurious surroundings. Truly a treat, but $$$!
- Cafe Monte – Classic French country fare – very relaxing!
- Firebird’s Wood-Fired Grill – Love the grilled steaks and delicious salads
- Zebra Restaurant – fine French dining with a local touch
- Upstream – Fresh daybook seafood and sushi
- Baku – Awesome Japanese cuisine prepared in the open kitchen
- Yama Asian Fusion – One of the best choices for sushi in Charlotte
- Georges Brasserie – French brasserie blending modern and traditional French cuisine
Great Restaurants in Charlotte – South Charlotte and Ballantyne
- Cajun Yard Dog – Perhaps my favorite restaurant of all. Inspired Cajun/Creole samplings and friendly service
- New South Kitchen and Bar – Yummy new South fare using local produce, meats and seafood
- Thai Taste – (Matthews) The best Thai food I can find in the area. A family fave!
- Ilios Noche – Upscale Mediterranean dining
- New Zealand Cafe – Small, casual sushi restaurant
- 131 Main – Upscale fresh feel, with good food ranging from burgers and salads to filet mignon and seafood
- Blue Taj – Great for Indian food in a modern, chic decor
- Toast – Go-to spot for breakfast and brunch
- Terrace Cafe – Favorite breakfast and lunch spot. Great food, beautifully presented
- Lorenzo’s Pizzeria – Where are the New York transplants go for pizza!
- Gallery Restaurant – Progressive southern cuisine at the Ballantyne Resort Hotel
- Akropolis Cafe – Not fancy at all, but good steady Greek food
- Tony Sacco’s Coal Oven Pizza – Really great pizza and salads; casual ambiance
- Smashburger – I know it’s a chain, but….doggone, those burgers are good!
- Jade Asian Fusion – Some seriously great Asian food; LOVE the sushi
- Chicken Salad Chick – I can’t help it…I love chicken salad!
- Bonefish Grill – Yep, another chain….but the Bang Bang Shrimp is like crack
South Charlotte Real Estate Expert
If you’re thinking about buying or selling a home in South Charlotte, I hope you will give me a call! South Charlotte NC is definitely a popular destination for people moving into the area. You’ll find beautiful neighborhoods and a thriving shopping, dining and entertainment scene. Some of Charlotte’s best public schools are located in South Charlotte!
I’m a South Charlotte Realtor® – I live and work here, and it would be my pleasure to help you with your South Charlotte real estate needs. If you are thinking about selling your South Charlotte home, I would love to share my 21-point marketing and staging plan that combines new technology with good old hard work! If you’re looking to buy a home in South Charlotte, please contact me so we can talk about finding the best home and neighborhood for YOU!
Come have a chat with me at my Helen Adams Realty office in the heart of Ballantyne! I look forward to meeting you and hearing about your next move!
Melissa Brown, ABR, SFR
Helen Adams Realty