ANNUAL HERITAGE DAYS RETURNS TO UXBRIDGE
Saturday August 22 and Sunday August 24, 2008, 10am - 5pm
Travel back in time and discover the life of the pioneers.
In today's hustle and bustle world of 140 characters on a cell phone our History and our Heritage is slowly becoming a faded memory. This weekend long event at the Uxbridge-Scott Historical Centre offers an opportunity to teach our children about their history and heritage
Fun for the Whole Family!
- Kids Zone – Games and crafts!
- Kids Festival Passport Challenge
- Thornbury Beverage Beer & Cider Garden
- Kettle cooked corn on the cob on an open fire
- Meat Merchant Food Truck
- WindReach Farm animals
- Vintage Autos and Tractors
- Wheat threshing Militia re-enactments
- Vintage Blacksmiths
- Live entertainment at the Gazebo
- Kawartha Dairy Ice Cream and pies
- Horse Shoe tournament Saturday 11 –4 pm
- Church service Sunday at 1 pm
Perched on a hill overlooking the rolling hills and country side that surround and encompass Uxbridge sits the Uxbridge Historical Centre where history comes to life once again.
Stroll the grounds and the buildings,
see Working Steam Engines, Gas & Oil Engines
Antique Cars and Trucks, Pioneer Arts & Crafts
Displays and Demonstrations.
For more information on Heritage Days and other events at the Uxbridge-Scott Historical Centre call 905-852-5854 or visithttp://uxbridgescotthistoricalsociety.ca/events/hdays/. The Uxbridge-Scott Museum is located at 7239 Conc. 6 at the corner of Brock St.
Pictures are fom 2008 near closing time
Subscribe to CommentsComment