What a fun weekend! There is a lot to do in the Triangle and Cary this weekend. The only problem is where to go first! The grand opening of the new pool in Kildaire Crossing is a must! Maine Lobster Food Truck and Fortnight Brewery, yes please!
Friday's Raggea festival looks like a great date night!
And did we all know that Saturday is National Sponge Cake Day??
Here is the full list of fun from Cary Citizen!
Thursday, August 27, 2015
- · Celebrate the grand opening of a new pool in Cary’s Kildaire Crossing Community from 6-8 pm – Cousins Maine Lobster food truck and beer from Fortnight Brewery will be on site. This event is open to the public – anyone can come and enjoy the new pool and cabana.
- · A free Full Frame Roadshow will take place at The Cary Theater at 7 pm on Thursday.
- · Triangle Wine Company on Davis Drive in Morrisville will host a special Napa Valley Wine Tasting on Thursday from 6:30-8:30 pm. The Cary location in Waverly Place will host another wine tasting on Friday, August 28, 2015 at the same time.
.Friday, August 28, 2015
- · It’s Final Friday!! Starting at 6 pm, start strolling through the art galleries in Ashworth Village in Downtown Cary, also the Living Waters art reception in the Village Art Circle gallery.
- · Enjoy free reggae music from Jamrock on the lawn of the Page-Walker gardens at 7 pm on Friday evening. Bring chairs and blankets, NO alcohol and pets
- · See Chuck Brodsky and Michael Reno Harrell at The Cary Theater at 8 pm ($20).
Saturday, August 29, 2015
- · Rip the Calico, a contra dance band, will perform at the Cary Downtown Farmer’s Market on Saturday morning.
- · Kids ‘R’ Kids in Morrisville from 10 am-noon on Saturday will be helping pack meals to send to Stop Hunger Now. Volunteers who make a $10 donation to Stop Hunger will be entered into a drawing to win a one-week stay at an Orlando, Florida resort!
- · It’s National Sponge Cake Day, and Chatham Hill Winery will host a special wine and food pairings on both Saturday and Sunday. With each wine tasting, customers will get to try a sample of sponge cake drizzled with a sweet Carolina fruit-infused wine.
- · Cary Car Care is partnering with Wheels 4 Hope to raise money and awareness during their25th Anniversary Service Day Celebration on Saturday from 11 am-4 pm. The shop will be having free food, family-friendly entertainment, raffle prizes and a chance to win a set of tires.
Sunday, August 30, 2015
- · Learn about Ashtanga Yoga, classical Indian yoga, at West Regional Library from 2-3 pm on Sunday. Bring a mat or towel. This event is free, but call 919-463-8500 to register.
Across the Triangle
- · The Friends of Chapel Hill Public Library’s Big Book Sale is back this weekend. From Friday August 27, 2015 – Sunday, August 29, 2015, find thousands of books, CDs, DVDs, audiobooks and more than 500 vinyl records. Prices start at just 50 cents.
- · Triangle Square Dance Alliance (TSDA) is hosting a Square Dance Fun Night & Ice Cream Social on Saturday, August 29, 2015 from 7-9:30 pm at the First Baptist Church in Downtown Raleigh. This event is especially designed for adults and teen couples of all dance abilities.
- · A will take place on Friday, August 28, 2015 at 4:30 pm in Durham Central Park. Later, enjoy free admission from 8-9 pm to Audio Under the Stars: Alternative Romance at the Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University, 1317 W. Pettigrew Street in Durham. This free film festival will highlight “love stories of all stripes.”
Source: Jessica Patrick, Cary Citizen