Plastic Dryer Vents Are A Fire Safety Hazard in Your Home - Here's Picture Proof . . .

By
Home Inspector with Complete Home Inspections, Inc. TN Lic#050

Plastic dryer venting has been banned from residential usage for several years now. This type of material is considered a fire safety hazard and should be replaced if you have this present in your home. While inspecting an older property in Brentwood, TN today I ran across sections of plastic dryer venting in the crawl space area of property. The burn hole in his plastic is an indication as to why this is considered a fire safety hazard. These people were lucky as their house did not burn down.

This posting and the contents written here are the intellectual property of Michael Thornton of Complete Home Inspections, Inc. providing home inspections for Brentwood, Nashville, Davidson and Williamson Counties of Middle Tennessee. The views and opinions expressed are just that - views and opinions of Michael Thornton and those who comment. This post is a contribution to the ActiveRain Real Estate Network.

Posted by

Complete Home Inspections, Brentwood TN 615.661.0297
 

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Location:
Tennessee Williamson County Brentwood
Groups:
Real Estate Rookie
Almost Anything Goes
Independent Thinking Inspectors
Dedicated Bloggers
Active Rain Block Party
Tags:
miscellaneous
brentwood home inspections
nashville home inspections
photo of the day
middle tennessee and williamson county home inspections

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Ambassador
585,531
Konnie Mac McCarthy
MacNificent Properties, LLC - Cobb Island, MD
Broker/Owner - VA & MD "Time To Get A Move On!"
that's hard to believe.....it is scary how many fire hazards are in our home..we are not even aware of..
Apr 17, 2008 11:02 AM #1
Ambassador
1,336,476
Charles Buell
Charles Buell Inspections Inc. - Seattle, WA
Seattle Home Inspector
Michael, I still see this garbage almost every week----perhaps it would help if Bubba couldn't buy it!sunsmile
Apr 17, 2008 11:33 AM #2
Rainmaker
1,041,964
Charles McDonald
Charlottesville Real Estate Solutions - Charlottesville, VA
REALTOR®, Blogger, Principal Broker®, Owner

Those can get very hot and people do not realize it... thanks for the post

Your Friend in Charlottesville Virginia!

Apr 17, 2008 01:09 PM #3
Rainer
407,421
Sean Allen
International Financing Solutions - Fort Myers, FL
International Financing Solutions

Yep....It don't take much for it to go "Poof" and up in smoke. Surprised that plastic was usued in a crawl space.

Sean Allen

Apr 18, 2008 12:37 AM #4
Rainer
139,643
Harold "Hal" Place
A1 Connection Realty, Inc. - Sun City Center, FL

Hi Michael,

I thought all that material was replaced years ago! Guess not! Lucky for those owners it only caused a whole and didn't burn the entire house down.

Apr 18, 2008 01:48 AM #5
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Ambassador
2,758,801

TeamCHI - Complete Home Inspections, Inc.

Home Inspectons - Nashville, TN area - 615.661.029
Ask me a question
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention

Additional Information