So why are floor plans ignored by Realtors? I'll tell you why. We have no idea where to get them! Sure, if the homeowner has a copy of the floor plan - most Realtors try to include that in the marketing material. I know I do. I have even made an effort to keep a file of floor plans I pick up from new builders so I can use them for marketing future homes. But what if the homeowner has no floor plan? Maybe it's an older home? Maybe no one in the office has a floor plan? Where the heck do you get a floor plan! We'll, it took me more than a few hours sorting through all the links on the web for builders, custom home floor plan creators - but I was able to put together a list of actual floor plan providers.
Floor Plan Providers:
- EZFloorPlan.com - These guys take a hand sketch provided by you and turn it into a floor plan for $29 bucks - if the home is under 2000sf.
- FloorPlanet.com - they partner with virtual tour providers or photographers and teach them how to create floor plans. This just makes sense.
- FloorPlanOnline - wow, this looks like a really cool service. They have interactive floor plans and virtual tours. Floor plans start at just $49.00.
- FloorPlanGraphics.com - definitely higher end and higher priced. In Austin, Texas.
- HomeSight.net- they partner with appraisers who visit the properties and get measurments. Also offering interactive floor plans.
- InsideTract.com - using the floorplanonline.com software, they provide interactive floor plans for California Realtors.
- LaserTechFloorPlans - floor plans for commercial properties.
- NJVTours.com- James Colucci Enterprises. I'm guessing by the name that they are in New Jersey - but for the life of me, I can't find any location info for them on the website.
- RealTourVision.com- a virtual tour provider offering floor plans as an option. Excellent place to get it all done in one place! I found this link through a google search that led to an Active Rain profile. Thanks to Bob Blandy, an Active Rain member with CambriaVirtualTours.com in Central California and part of the RealTourVision Network.
- Imagemaker360- a big one here in Chicagoland - offers an interactive floor plan combined with the virtual tour.
- MetroPix.co.uk - for our friends in the UK. They have very reasonable plans that allow an entire office to create unlimited floor plans!
- VHT.com - they can create floor plans from old blueprints.
- CirclePix.com - offers a $60 upgrade to the virtual tour for a floor plan.
Floor Plan Software: You probably don't have time to setup software, sketch properties and create floor plans for every home. But if everyone in an office chipped in - maybe you could buy the software and find someone who would be interested in using the software to make floor plans at a cheap price. Great business idea for someone!
- 2dPlan.com - allows you to create floor plans, add furniture, colors & textures.
- SmartDraw.com - comes in under 200 bucks. Not bad.
- FloorPlanner.com- a great piece of online software. Works on a monthly subscription basis but looks like it would be perfect if you have someone lined up to make floor plans for you. No expensive software to buy!
- Visio by Microsoft- I hate plugging Microsoft! But I used Visio before they bought it and it was a great product. Very easy to use.