If you're looking for some fun things to do in the Charlotte metro area this Labor Day Weekend, here are some great ideas:
- US National Whitewater Center Labor Day Celebration: sort of a "newer" Labor Day celebration tradition in the the Charlotte metro area. The Whitewater Center will feature live music, food, drink and fireworks on Sunday, September 6th. The Center is open from 9:00am till 10:00pm. Click here for a facilities and trails map at the US National Whitewater Center.
- Matthews Alive Festival 2015: runs from Friday, September 4th through Monday, September 7th with some 150,000 people expected to attend and featuring, arts and crafts, musix, rides, games, food, one of the largest Labor Day parades in the Southeast, and more! All proceeds will go to support 30+ local, non-profit organizations. For more information about the Matthews Alive Festival click here.
City of Charlotte Annual Labor Day Parade: will take place on Labor Day, Monday, September 7th at 11:00am. Parade route will begin at 701 North Tryon Street and finish up at College and Third Streets in Uptown Charlotte. Charlotte's Labor Day Parade isput on by Labor to honor the history and accomplishments of organized Labor in the United States and spotlighting local labor unions in Charlotte and the Carolinas. This will be the 16th annual parade.
- Charlotte Kosher BBQ Championship: will take place on Labor Day, Monday, September 7th from 11:00am till 3:00pm at the Levine Jewish Community Center in the SouthPark area of Charlotte. This second annual Kosher BBQ Championship will feature: live music and entertainment, a Kid Zone, watermelon and pickle eating contests, mechanical bull riding. Food will be available for purchase and you can check out the menu by clicking here.
- Yard Art Day: Yard Art Day is celebrated throughtout the City of Charlotte and the immedite metro area. Art will be displayed in yards all over town on Labor Day, Monday, September 7th. The annual YAD Labor Day event is a 24 hour event and is for anyone and all to express themselves creatively despite their age or level of expertise. Art of all mediums is allowed and if you're a budding artist, feel free to set up your exhibit in your front yard on the 7th. Click here for an interactive map to locate the yards in your neighborhoods that will be exibiting on Labor Day.
- Queen City Bike Fest: is considered Charlotte's premier motorcycle event and features everything from custom show bikes to Stunt Riding Bikes, to your everyday riders; this event attracts enthusiasts of the two-wheel (and some three-wheel varieties). On Saturday, September 5th you can participate in the Charity Ride to benefit the USO. However, the Queen City Bike Fest runs through the weekend from September 4th through September 6th. For more information on the Queen City Bike Fest events click here.
- NODA (North Davidson Arts District) Culinary Tour: a great holiday option for the Charlotte area foodies to explore the eclectic vibe and colorful neighborhood of the North Davidson Art District while tasting great dishes by local NODA chefs. At the NODA Culinary Tour on Saturday, September 5th, you'll get to taste dishes from 5-6 local restaurants, meet the chefs and hear about how they source local ingredients. You'll also get the opportunity to learn about exotic coffees and fine wines, visit a local brewery, and sample fabulous pastries.
So as you can see, if you're staying in town during Labor Day Weekend there's lots to do in the Charlotte metro area over the Labor Day Weekend and much of it is free of very low cost. Enjoy!