New Activerain member Sam Bruck, of Baltimore, MD, must have seen my AMBASSADOR badge, because he emailed me to ask "How do you go about finding information to blog about?"
As I finished typing my reply, it occurred to me " Here's my blog post for today!" Guess what, folks, it really is that easy to choose a new blog topic!
The more you blog, the more you will find a topic in nearly everything you do...
- Go to a restaurant and write a review.
- Answer a question for a client, prospect or another agent and it's your next blog post.
- Snap a photo of a beautiful sunset or garden or local view and write about it.
- Your kid says something funny, so now write about it - and tie it in to real estate or a life lesson, if you can.
- Subscribe to monthly emails from your state department of natural resources, state and local schools, local historical society, etc. you'll inevitably find something to write about.
- Did you just figure out how to insert a photo into blog posts or change your font? Blog about it and post it in the group Activerain Newbies - someone out there is still trying to figure it out.
Create a schedule
This will help narrow down your topic for the day and keep you on track with your blogging plan (topic for another day). That's what I did when I was blogging every day:
Monday: Market Study
Tuesday: Your niche market, whether that's relocation, beach properties, golfers, etc.
Wednesday: Real Estate Mailbag or Q & A
Thursday: Just for fun - anything from a photo of the sunset to a home decorating idea to "a funny thing happened when showing property today"
Friday: Feature a local community organization or business
Weekends: Things to do in your local area.
If all else fails, Google a list of holidays
Just insert the current month and year -and you will find everything from national asparagus day to national nurses day. This surely will often inspire something, if only a photo and suggestions on how you might celebrate that holiday.
This list should provide enough ideas to last a while, Sam! Thanks for asking. Contact me any time.
Hey, I think this should be a blog post. Watch for it.
See how easy it is to choose a blog topic?