There are a number of factors that can prevent you from achieving home ownership. We do not want a lack of down payment to prevent you from obtaining your dream home. There are down payment assistance programs available to residents of Arizona.
The most popular program is Home in Five Advantage. This is a government grant that provides a non-repayable 4% down payment/closing costs. This increase to 5% if you are a qualified United States Military Personnel. Financing is available on new or existing homes, condominiums, townhouses or manufactured homes.
There are some minimum qualifications:
- Byers must have a minimum FICO of 640 and a maximum debt-to-income ration of 45%
- All buyers must attend a home buyer education course and obtain a certificate of completion.
- A home inspection must be done and received.
- Buyers must occupy the home as their primary residence within 60 days.
- This program is only available for purchase of a home.
Please contact the team at Academy Mortgage Mesa for further programs restrictions.