Lumberton, NC. This past week local real estate agents attended a 4 hour continuing education class to help bring awareness of the NC Housing Finance Agency’s mortgage products which help homebuyers purchase with low to no out of pocket and receive an income tax credit up to $2000 per year.
Team Move members, Sylvia Nance and Russell Smith, with OVM Financial invited Jane Buchholz with NC Housing to present the class to the Lumberton Board of Realtors in order to provide useful education that will help the Realtors spread the word of helpful mortgage products to their buyers across Robeson, Cumberland, & surrounding counties. The event was held after the board’s normal monthly meeting at Village Station Restaurant’s banquet room located at 2744 N Roberts Ave, Lumberton. Several comments after the Financing Dreams class included “This is going to help my buyers save money every year!”, “Thank you so much for educating us on these products.”, and “I’m going to make sure my buyers and sellers are aware of these products through Team Move from now on!”.
Valuable NC Housing Topics discussed during the class included:
- Mortgage Credit Certificate which is a true dollar for dollar federal income tax credit available for first time buyers (which means have not owned a principal residence), Veterans (one time exception), buyers purchasing in a targeted area, and several other exceptions. The tax credit is up to $2000 pear year. Learn more about the MCC Tax Credit such as how it is calculated here.
- NC Home Advantage Product with Down Payment Assistance which combines a USDA, VA, FHA, or conventional loan with a 3 – 5% of the first mortgage loan interest free down payment assistance product. The down payment assistance can be used towards down payment, closing costs, or PMI and is even fully forgiven after 15 years. Learn more details about Down Payment Assistance here
- NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund helps NC homeowners who are struggling to pay their mortgage due to job loss or other temporary financial hardship that occurred on or after January 1, 2008. The fund offers a zero interest, deferred loan up to $36,000 to cover mortgage and related expenses for up to 36 months. The loan can also be used to bring the first mortgage up to date.
- $15,000 Down Payment Assistance available to qualifying first time homebuyers in Cumberland County. This $15,000 DPA is in the form of a zero payment, deferred loan at zero interest, and fully forgiven after only 5 years. This loan must be used in conjunction with the NC Home Advantage product and may be combined with the MCC Tax Credit up to $2000 per year. Learn more about this $15,000 Down Payment Assistance here
Local Realtors that attended the Financing Dreams class included:
- Danielle Allen, Military Family Realty – Fayetteville
- Sylvia Anderson, Military Family Realty – Fayetteville
- Linda Branch, Coldwell Banker Premier Team – Lumberton
- Steve Branch, Coldwell Banker Premier Team – Lumberton
- Bobby Bullock, Bullock Realty – Lumberton
- Sherry Byrd, Carolinas Realty Exchange – Lumberton
- John Cooke, Cooke Realty Sales – Ocean Isle Beach
- Todd Eckerson, Coldwell Banker Premier Team – Lumberton
- Marcella Grantham, Grantham Real Estate Service – Red Springs
- Mary Hunt, Mary Hunt’s Realty – Lumberton
- David Jones, First Choice Insurance & Realty – Pembroke
- Mira Kenney, Century 21 The Real Estate Center – Lumberton
- Linda Little, Century 21 The Real Estate Center – Lumberton
- Tabatha Lowery, Tadpoles Realty – Lumberton
- Jens Lutz, Coldwell Banker Premier Team – Lumberton
- Linda Metzger, Century 21 The Real Estate Center – Lumberton
- Brion Oxendine, Heritage Realty – Lumberton
- Clifton Pait, Remax Real Estate Exchange – Lumberton
- Leroy Rising, Century 21 The Real Estate Center – Lumberton
- Amy Smith, Century 21 The Real Estate Center – Lumberton
- Georgia Stamper, Century 21 The Real Estate Center – Lumberton
- Chelsea Sullivan, Century 21 The Real Estate Center – Lumberton
- Dietchi Thomas, Military Family Realty – Fayetteville
- Glenn Waterstradt, Century 21 The Real Estate Center – Lumberton
- Caroline Williamson, Century 21 The Real Estate Center – Lumberton
- David Zeitz, Coldwell Banker Premier Team – Lumberton
Each real estate agent received 4 hours of continuing education towards their requirements with their Real Estate Commission plus they will be listed as a Preferred Real Estate Professional in Robeson, Cumberland, or Brunswick counties on the NC Housing Finance Agency website www.NCHFA.com.
I hope that you found this article helpful for you or a client. Contact us about NC Housing products as well.