It's the last weekend of the summer and a perfect night to enjoy the Dallas Arts District's Fall Block Party. Although this is a FREE Event, some special exhibits may require the purchase of a ticket.
The following are on my short list:
- The Roomsounds will play from 7:00 to 8:30 PM in the Sculpture Garden.
- The film Empire Records will be shown in the Sculpture Garden at 9:00 PM
The Crow Collection is celebrating Korean Thanksgiving at tonight's Fall Block Party.
- Grace Baek will be entertain the crowd with Korean Crossover Songs.
- Storytellers will share Korean Folk Tales.
- Art activities will delight children and adults.
- The Dallas Mavs Street Team will be outside near the DMA entrance on Flora until 10:00 PM.
- Learn about "Art and Archeology: History Through Material Culture," with Dr. Kimberly Jones at 9:00 PM, in the Horchow Auditorium. The focus will be on Andean cultures.
- Buddy Mohmed will perform at 9:30. Enjoy his guitar music as you stroll through the galleries. He will be on the Level 3 landing.
- The film, The Dove's Lost Necklace, will be shown in the Horchow Auditorium, at 10:30.
- Javier Gutierrez and Mosaic, will energize the crowd with Latin Jazz, Brazilian music and more at 10:00, in the Atrium. I'm betting that there will be plenty of dancing in the Atrium!
Food and Beverages
- Food trucks will be available in the Arts District.
- DMA Ceremonial Bar Outside the Flora Street Entrance
- DMA Cafe located in the Atrium - Enjoy food and beverages, while listening to music in the Atrium. Nasher Bar Services in the Garden
Parking in the Arts District
- DMA Members receive complementary underground parking on a first come first serve basis.
- Trammel Crow Center underground garage parking $5 . Enter from Olive or Harwood.
- Street parking is available in the area.
Note that many area streets will be closed for the Block Party.