10 Creative Ideas to help sell those stagnant listings. In response to Maria Hollands post - I need Creative Ideas to help sell listings!
1. Do you have a floor plan for the property? Maybe that would help. I blogged about floorplans yesterday - Check out EZFLoorPlan and get a floor plan here for $28.00
2. HomeCardsOnline.com offers business cards promoting your listing. Done very nicely.
3. I've always thought it would be really cool to host a dinner or cocktail hour at a property, hire a piano player, put out lighted diretional signs on a weekend and even invite the neighbors.
4. What about a custom sign for the property that shows interior photos? Checkout at Story at BloodHound Blog showing a custom sign one agent did for a listing.
5. Offer the listing as a price range listing? Offered at $225,000 - $300,000. I have never done this but I have seen other agents in my area do it.
6. Do an open house, with a twist. Rather than directional signs, print a directional that says "Free Starbucks coffe" and have a table setup by the curb to serve anyone who wants free coffee. Soft sell them on coming in to look at the house. Maybe you'll give away a lot of coffee - maybe you'll stir up a buzz.
7. Create a side by side comparison chart comparing that home to competing homes in the area. Mail it out, post it on blogs, at active rain, send it out as a press release, hire a helicopter to drop thousands of leaflets over the town!
8. Approach the neigbors and see if they would let you put a flyer box in their yard. Maybe you give them a small gift card to home depot. The flyer has a testimonial about the neighborhood and information on the neighborhood. Just leave that flyer box. Curious drivers by looking at your property -will inevitably get out to see what that OTHER flyer is.
9. This is an easy one, but always helps get good feedback. Join forces with Realtors listing other houses in the neighborhood. Have an agent tour that reguires them to fill out a feedback/pricing sheet at each hosue - 4 or 5. Some agents use a flyer and have each house put a sticker on it. Once they have visited all 5 - they get a free $10.00 gas card.
10. Drop the price $500.00 every week to keep the property fresh in the MLS.
That's 10 ideas - I hope it helps!