That said, I suspect that when selling real estate is viewed as being in a business, the age factor ceases to be important.
Sure, we are older on average than folks in many fields, but we aren't exactly employed either.
Now the question becomes,
WHAT is the average age of small business owners in the U.S.?????
Is there an age limit in real estate?
How many careers can say that? You certainly can't be a professional athlete and not have a pretty young "due date". How about those who're part of a national or international company and in upper management? Everyone is clamoring for your job, like the younger, more willing-to-travel and unencumbered young exec who's vying for your position, breathing down your neck.
My mother-in-law was fully functional as a Florida realtor well into her late 60s, til her bad health got the best of her. Otherwise, she'd STILL be doing it! My sister's next-door-neighbor is a valued local realtor in her early 70s! Love it!!!
I googled the question "What is the average age of a real estate agent?" This is what I found.57 years oldWhile buyers are getting younger, agents are not. Only six-percent are under the age of 34. "The average age of a realtor is 57 years old. The average age of an American worker is 41 years old.Jul 12, 2013I happen to have started my real estate career at the tender age of 50, and I'm nigh on 60 now and GOING STRONG.In a random survey done by NAR (National Association of REALTORS®) , here are some other facts they found to be pertinent (as of June 2015):
Highlights from the 2015 NAR Member Profile:
- Fifty-eight percent of REALTORS® were licensed as sales agents, and 80 percent of members specialize in residential brokerage.
- The typical REALTOR® has 12 years of experience.
- Sixty-five percent of REALTORS® reported having a website for at least five years, 12 percent reported having a real estate blog, and 65 percent of members are using social media.
- The typical REALTOR® earned 20 percent of their business from repeat clients and customers and 20 percent through referrals from past clients and customers.
- Fifty-eight percent of all REALTORS® are female.
- A substantial majority of REALTORS®—85 percent—own their primary residence.
- Eighty-four percent of REALTORS® are certain they will remain in the business for two more years.
Another quick set of statistics (updated July 2015 from NAR "Field Guide to Quick Estate Statistics")
- The typical REALTOR® is a 57 year old white female homeowner with some college education.
- 58% of all REALTORS® are female, and the median age of all REALTORS® is 57.
We older-type babes are ROCKIN' it in real estate!!!!
For a look at my Fishhawk Lake Real Estate WEBSITE,
Click here: Fishhawk Lake Real Estate
For a look at what fun you can have at Fishhawk Lake, click on the link below!
Specializing in Fishhawk Lake Recreation Club
"Your Gateway to the Lake!"
My website: http://www.lakehomesatfishhawk.com/
My blog: http://fishhawklakerealtor.wordpress.com/