Why do Realtors not reach their goals?

By
Services for Real Estate Pros with Morris Real Estate Marketing Group

Why do realtors not reach their goals

Most real estate agents run around being and feeling busy but miss their goals because of two main reasons:

  1. They do not keep tabs on their numbers.
  2. They do not stick close to their highest priority (and revenue generating) activities.

Realtors, make this the year you far surpass your goals and expectations by identifying them and consistently tracking and analyzing your numbers.  It’s a little like working a mathematical equation backwards. How can real estate agents become successful you ask?

  1. Get out a notebook or piece of paper.
  2. Now, start with your goal:  How much do you want to make this year?  Write that down! According to a Harvard MBA program study, “the 3% who had written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% of the class combined!” In other words, write your goals down. Now.
  3. Next, figure out how many transcactions it will take to realize that goal.  (Goal $100,000 – average commission of $5,000 you’ll need 20 sales.)
  4. How many listings do you need to achieve that goal?
  5. How many listing appointments do you need to get that many listings?
  6. How many calls do you usually have to make to get an appointment?
  7. How many contacts and referrals do you need in order to be able to make that many calls?
  8. What type of marketing system are you going to employ in order to get those contacts and referrals?
  9. How much are you going to budget for marketing?
  10. Now take those numbers and break them down by month and week.  Create a chart, graph or even checklist and keep it on your desk in a place where you will have to look at it everyday.  Seeing it every day will motivate and help you stay on track.

For example – what type of marketing system are you going to utilize, if you need to make 30 calls a week to get the appointments you need, in order to get the listings you want? Break down the numbers. Then you will know that if you have only made five calls and its Wednesday, you need to make 25 more calls in the next 3 days to stay on target.  

Takeaway point: Realtors you need to know and track your numbers on a weekly basis. Although we are in a people business, it’s still a business, so you have to know your numbers to be successful.

Contact us today and we we can show you how to get more referrals, leads, and sales. 

This blog post was originally published here: http://www.morrismarketinggroup.com/how-can-real-estate-agents-become-successful/ 

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Real Estate Best Practices
Tags:
realestate
real estate
realtors
realtor
goals
success
referralmarketingsystem
repeatandreferralmarketing
realestateagent
realestateagents
real estate agents realtor

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Rainmaker
603,571
Tony Lewis
RE/MAX of Valencia (Hall of Fame) 30 year Valencia Resident - Valencia, CA
Summit Real Estate Santa Clarita & OC Laguna Nigel

I once had someone that was writing a book as me why I don't set goals.  I told him I didn't want to limit myself.  The truth of the matter is I enjoy working hard daily and am self motivated.  I personally don't need outside influences to make me reach for more.  I wouldn't last trying to do something so artificial.

Oct 06, 2015 07:49 AM #1
Rainmaker
212,605
Stefan Winter
Real Estate in IL & NV | Owner of Real Estate Web Tech | Daily Vlogger - Las Vegas, NV
Owner - Winter Group & Real Estate Web Tech

Great advise, I have started seriously writing down goals and reviewing them often this year and it has made a huge difference. Very much looking forward to 2016 and taking it one step futher.

Have a great week!

Oct 06, 2015 07:51 AM #2
Rainmaker
121,008
Rob Rosa
Berkshire Hathaway - Wethersfield, CT
Personal Real Estate Expert

There's something magical about grabbing a blank piece of paper and a blue pen to write plans, goals and thoughts. Thanks for the reminder. 

Oct 06, 2015 07:54 AM #3
Rainmaker
529,985
Gary Coles (International Referrals)
Venture Realty International - Las Vegas, NV
Latin America Real Estate

Lina Poka, MBA It is amazing how so many agents get caught with ups and DOWNS in their pipeline of business.  If they would follow your advice of meeting the numbers on a regular basis -  they could minimize those low spots

Oct 06, 2015 12:24 PM #4
Rainmaker
4,433,127
Gita Bantwal
RE/MAX Centre Realtors - Warwick, PA
REALTOR,ABR,CRS,SRES,GRI - Bucks County & Philadel

Thank you for the inspirational post. Have  a good day.

Oct 06, 2015 09:39 PM #5
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainer
41,230

Morris Real Estate Marketing Group

Marketing for realtors made easy!
Ask me a question
*
*
*
*