Kirkwood Public Library Programming for October 2015
Special Events for Adults:
- Author talk, Images of America: Webster Groves. Tuesday, October 13, 2:00 p.m.
- Autumn and the Gardener. Jen Elliott will discuss dependable fall plants, winterizing your garden, and house plants to enliven winter homes. Reservations required (limit of 25). Wednesday, October 14, 10:00 a.m.
- Medicare Seminar. October 16, 10:00 a.m.
- St. Louis Haunted History. Dave Riordan will entertain with strange, bizarre, and spooky stories from the past, including the Great St. Louis Fire, the exorcism that sparked a famous movie, the cholera epidemic, Bloody Island, and more. Monday, October 19, 7:00 p.m.
Book Clubs for Adults:
- Science Fiction/Fantasy Book Club. Monday, October 5, 7:00 p.m. Salem's Lot by Stephen King
- Books on Tap: The Last Bookaneer, by Matthew Pearl. Wednesday, October 14, 7:00 p.m.
- Mystery Readers: A Scourge of Vipers, by Bruce DeSilva. Wednesday, October 21, 2:00 p.m.
Book Clubs for Kids:
- Family Book Club Junior - For children in grades 4-5 and their parents. Books available at the library for check out. 6:30 p.m. October 5: Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy by Karen Foxlee
- Family Book Club, for children in grades 6-8 and their parents. Books available at the library for check out. 7:00 p.m. October 12: Sophia's War: A Tale of the Revolution by Avi
Special Events for Kids:
- Stop Motion Animation. October 3, 2:00 p.m. Ages 9 and up.
- Star Wars Read-a-thon Day. October 10, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Life Size Family Game Night. October 23, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Creepy Crafting for Kids. October 24, 1:30 p.m.
- Make and Take After School Craft. October 28
- Tween Scene Thursdays. October 8 Drop by the library after school for a fun craft or activity each month. Ages 9-12.
- Anime Afternoon. Friday, October 2, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Anime Afternoon Part II: Graphic Novel Book Club. Friday, October 16, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Cupcake Wars. Saturday, October 17, 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- Minecraft Night. Friday, October 23, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Teen Craft Afternoons. Monday, October 26, 3:00-4:00 p.m.