I've just read an article written by one of the Kansas City Royals about their success last year and their success this year called "No Fluke." It's amazing and there's a lot of great information that can be gleaned from it that applies to real estate and to the mortgage business. Here are some of the take aways that I've found:
- Sometimes the only person to believe in you will have to be yourself.
- There are going to be times when you're surrounded by people who will push you towards your dreams and goals and then there are going to be times when everyone wants to drag you down. Keep believing in yourself and do something amazing to prove them wrong EVERY TIME.
- Even when you succeed people will not believe.
- When you do something that's amazing people are going to want to pull you back down to 'mortal status' but you keep your eyes on where you exist now and don't let them darken your sunny days!
- You've got to grow.
- There's no such thing as riding on the coattails of a good year last year; if you're not putting forth the effort this year to do the things that will make you successful, you're simple not going to give up and go away; this is not a fluke.
It's a great thing to be a Royal's fan these days and with inspiration like this, who wouldn't want these guys to win and prove they were No Fluke.