How to go Somewhere in Life
1. Begin by asking yourself what you want your destination to be. That is, what would you like to accomplish in life? What are some goals that are meaningful to you?
2. Next, think carefully about what you’ve learnt along the way, and any specialist knowledge you have.
3. Identify gaps in your experience and knowledge – as these could prevent you from getting ahead. You will need to address these if you’re going to succeed.
4. Reframe mistakes and failures as good experience. You can learn from these – and other obstacles you meet. Remember, no-one’s journey ever follows a straight line. It’s how you handle defeat that determines success.
5. Take control of your thinking – and don’t listen to excuses. You need to set your mind, and be determined to succeed.
6. Don’t listen to naysayers who would love to see you fail. You can always acquire skills – and working hard will open doors. Plug your ears, stay positive, and choose to persevere.
7. Accept that fear is normal when we’re trying something new, or if we’re doing something risky, or if we’re stepping out alone. Admit and face your feelings – and in time they’ll disappear.
8. Pace yourself for a long journey - nothing worthwhile’s ever easy. But if you maintain your focus it will take you to your goal.