Realtors wear many hats during a real estate transaction. Representing a client's best interests requires a thorough understanding of the purchase process, contract knowledge, skills, focus, timing, problem-solving, creativity, and attention to detail. The goal is a successful closing.
Buyers often say at the beginning of their home search, "I would love to have your job. It must be great to get paid for looking at houses." If only a transaction was as simple as looking at houses! The role of a Buyer's Agent is multifaceted. Each transaction is as unique as the personalities of the people involved in process, the conditions specified in the executed contract, the property condition, and the financing details.
Many clients share during the home buying process that they had no idea of the value of a Realtor before embarking on the home buying process. For that reason, I put together the following information to give Buyers an idea of what to expect when they work with me to purchase a home.
Services I Provide to Buyers
- Educate buyers about the process of purchasing a property
Buyer and Seller responsibilities
- Gain an understanding of Buyer wants and needs
- Provide a list of mortgage professionals
- Introduce clients to neighborhoods that satisfy their wants and needs
- Screen homes to focus on properties that match Buyer criteria
- Arrange for home tours on a convenient schedule
- Discuss open houses, new construction and For Sale by Owner (FSBO) properties
- Contact Seller Agents to gain additional information about properties of interest
- Provide analysis of micro neighborhood markets based on sales information
- Provide available information about the history of a property of interest
- Provide contact information for local businesses, organizations, or professionals of interest to buyer Review Seller Disclosure and discuss pertinent issues
- Evaluate comparable home pricing in the neighborhood
- Write an offer to purchase based on Buyer preferences making certain that the Buyer understands the promulgated Texas Real Estate Contracts, Addendums, and all terms of the offer
- Explain value of the Option Period
- Advise client about best negotiating strategy
- Maintain regular communication with buyer during purchase process and resolve issues
- Negotiate the contract to purchase, in Buyer's best interest, including repairs, finance terms, date of possession, Option Period, contingencies, etc.
- Explain in detail what the Buyer is signing
- Deliver contract and earnest money to title company
- Deliver option fee to the Seller's Agent
- Maintain a closing calendar making certain that all tasks are completed according to the terms of the contract
- Advise Buyer about inspections
- Provide Buyer with vendor information during Option Period
- Work though inspection issues
- Prepare repair amendment based on Buyer preferences
- Discuss home warranty companies
- Work through any appraisal issues that may arise
- Work through HOA issues
- Facilitate communication, as necessary, with lender, title company, and vendors to resolve issues
- Coordinate transfer of utilities prior to closing
- Coordinate final walk through
- Arrange for keys, garage door opener and alarm code information, etc. to be transferred to Buyer.
- Schedule closing, review closing documents, and make certain that client has necessary funds
- Open the door and let you into your new home!
Whether you are looking for a larger home, downsizing, or making a lifestyle change, I look forward to the opportunity to visit with you about how I can help you with your real estate needs.