Why live Ephraim, Wisconsin? Ephraim Homes and Condos for Sale: Where to live in Door County, Wisconsin: Why Live in Ephraim, WI 54211
Ephraim is one of Door County's most popular destinations. Why?
It's a Village with a population of less than 300 year-round residents, according to the 2010 Census.
It doesn't have a gas station.
The Village doesn't even allow the sale of alcohol.
So why do so many people nationwide choose Ephraim, Wisconsin for a primary or secondary home?
Beautiful Ephraim: Let me count the reasons that you remain a #1 second home destination spot in Door County.
1. Peninsula State Park: The northernmost entrance, and the golf course, at Peninsula State Park is located in Ephraim. Peninsula State Park ROCKS, offering golf, skiing, sledding, camping, biking, Nicolet Bay Beach and so much more.
2. Ephraim Yacht Club: Do you know how to sail?
Do you want to learn?
The Ephraim Yacht Club has been raising generations of sailors since the early 1900s. For a very nominal fee, one can join the Yacht Club and learn to sail at ANY age, but lessons for children are particularly popular.
The EYC also offers social events for adults (FUN). To learn more, visit eyc.org
3. It's a very family friendly community: Ephraim is home to Wilson's, which has been serving ice cream for over 100 years. It's also home to some incredible lodging establishments, from Ephraim Shores to the Eagle Harbor Inn. Drive through Ephraim in the morning in summer, and you will see dozens of joggers, bikers and walkers all soaking up the fantastic water views. Drive through Ephraim in the afternoon, and you will see people enjoying ice cream, walking and boating.
4. Incredible Art! There are numerous talented artists in Ephraim. Ephraim is home to the Water Street Gallery, featuring Fred Bridenhagen's work (open year-round), and to the Hardy Gallery, with its eclectic showings on the Anderson Dock (one of Door County's most popular photograph destinations). In the autumn, Fine Line Designs hosts an incredibly popular art fair, too.
5. South Shore Pier: So you're visiting Door County and you don't have a boat. Where should you rent a boat in Door County? Ephraim's South Shore Pier has been offering boat rental along the waterfront of Eagle Harbor to visitors and locals alike since 1946: longer than anyone else. Parasailing, too!
There are numerous reasons to call Ephraim, WI home, but these are just a few of my own favorites. For more information on Ephraim homes for sale, check here.
Visit Ephraim this year and find out why Ephraim is such a popular vacation destination and a great place to call home. From spectacular sunsets to art to great dining to popular lodging, boating and more, Ephraim offers MORE of what people are looking for in Door County. If you are interested in Ephraim condominiums (including Ephraim hotel condominiums) for sale, click here. Please contact MaryKay Shumway for more information on Ephraim real estate for sale.
Ephraim Homes and Condos for Sale: Why Live in Ephraim, WI 54211. For more information on Homes for Sale in Ephraim, WI 5211 click below