You have to be the "BEST", be "MEMORABLE", be "ON YOUR GAME" and "WIN"!
Essentially each listing appointment IS really a "Job Interview" because in this industry you only "Eat what you kill!" so you have to constantly be interviewing for a new Listing (Job)!
And, remember that to prepare and have the same enthusiasm whether it's your first listing or 100th listing and whether it's a $50,000 property or a $5 Million property. That might sound difficult but it's what is necessary and what will constantly set you apart from the competition just like on a job interview.
Much like applying for a job, there are more applicants than ever applying for that same position you're hoping to obtain. There are a lot of Real Estate Agents and while there are plenty that might not be as good or as serious as you are, there are plenty that ARE GREAT! So, this is where you have to "Sell Yourself", and what sets you and your team apart from the rest and why they should choose you and trust you to sell what is probably their biggest asset.
A few key things to remember ...
- Be polished, clean, pressed, neat as well as be prepared. This means you AND the material that you will be presenting with as well as the items you will be leaving with them.
- Arrive a few minutes early to have a chance to look at the property even if it's just from your car. Of course your homework should already be done by this point, but it helps to get into the right frame of mind and understand the owners.
- Don't do ALL of the talking ... you must also "Listen" to them and understand what their needs and desires are as a client and what they're looking for in an agent to represent the marketing and sale of their home.
- Assume the Sale and ask for the listing! Of course it doesn't always go that smooth and easy where you can ever take for granted that you have the listing, but you can act like it does!
- Finally ... "Follow Up"! Whether you have already gotten the listing or not, within 24 hours follow up with a hand written note or e-mail thanking them.
Do you have a HOME TO SELL? Are you looking for the HOME OF YOUR DREAMS? The Temple Team can help you with all of your Real Estate Needs. Give us a call at 704-235-3000 and visit our website at www.TheTempleTeam.com.