- Clear unnecessary items from walk ways, porches and driveway to allow for easier snow and ice removal.
- Check each windown to make sure it's properly sealing to save on energy bills.
- Check and clear all of the gutters to allow proper water flow so water doesn't stand in there and back up and freeze.
- Caulk any seems or cracks around the outside of your home to keep the warmth inside and the cold out.
- If you live in a climate that freezes, drain and winterize any outdoor water fountains, faucets and birdbaths as well as your irrigation system.
- Cover or bring inside outdoor furniture and umbrellas, cushions, pillows, etc...
If you're in the process of selling your home, keep as much asthetic items as possible outside to still showcase the "outdoor living area" but keep an eye on the weather.