Today is National Cat Day ~ a terrific day for all you cat lovers out there to wish your cats a happy day and to tell them how much you love and appreciate them and how much joy and comfort they bring to your lives.
1. Adopt a cat (or two) from your local shelter or cat rescue and give it a "fur-ever" home.
2. Donate blankets, food and toys to your local shelter or cat rescue organization.
3. Volunteer at your local shelter.
4. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of kitten mills and gas chambers in your state.
5. Bake some cat shaped cookies for your kids, friends or office and bake some tuna cookies for your cat.
6. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it's safe for your cat.
7. Spend the day taking photos of your cat and posting them on our Facebook page.
8. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by cleaning their cat’s litter box and playing with their cat.
9. Commission a custom portrait painted of your cat or hire a pet photographer for a photo shoot.
10. Buy your cat a fun new toy, bed or treats!
11. Make a window perch for your cat to lay in the sun.
12. Brush your cat to eliminate excess fur and hairballs and while you're at it, give your cat a calming massage.
13. Paint your face, wear kitty ears or dress in cat related fashion.
14. Buy your cat a collar and tag with your name and number, just in case they get outside and happen to become lost.
15. Host a National Cat Day party and invite all your friends and their cats!
A Few Of My Favorite Quotes About Cats:
- What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens
- I really am a cat transformed into a woman. ~ Brigitte Bardot
- My husband said it was him or the cat... I miss him sometimes. ~ Anonymous
- A cat has absolute emotional honesty. ~ Ernest Hemingway
- People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life! ~ Faith Resnick
So from me and my cat, Oliver, who also likes to celebrate National Cat Day every day, to all you cat lovers: Happy National Cat Day!