As I was doing my resarch, it seemed like there were lots of articles in 2004/2005 talkng about the impending move of the MLS to a mobile platform. Many of the links no longer worked - and I can only assume that a majority of these companies didn't survive. What would be great - would be the ability to give my buyers the ability to search the MLS in the field on a platform that connected me to them. A tool of value I provided.
Text messaging is , by far, the most popular mobile tool available today. Text messaging by phone works in two ways. The first option - consumers can call an 800# posted on a rider at your sign and request a text message. The second option - consumers can text a number code or keyword code to the destination advertised on your sign (text home1 to kathysells or text home 1 to 87944). Within seconds, the consumer receives a text message on their phone. Most will also include a link the consumer can then click on to view photos or more information.
Text Messaging Soulutions for Listings:
- CellSigns.com - offers both a sign based text for info service and access to the entire mls.
- TheMobileListing.com - offers plans on a per property basis with unique codes for each property.
- CellTrust.com - a more robust system probably implemented at the office level with customizable solutions and keywords available.
- Agent511.com - offered as a monthly service on a per property code basis. One of the only services I saw offering unlimited messages per code.
- House4Cell.com - includes free signs with each code activated.
- ClubTexting.com - unique feature allows you to customize what is returned to the texter. you could even send a list of comparably priced properties.
- irio.com - also offers unlimited text messaging.
- text-ed.com - offers text messaging via an 800# - only one I've seen combining texting with 800 service.
- ReactionListings.com - includes free riders with each keyword activated. Also offers a free 30 day trial of their service.
Agent MLS Access on a mobile phone:
- PocketRealEstate - by Borran software. They have been around for some time now. You can access the entire MLS, save client profiles and find properties via map service.
- PocketMLS.com - full MLS access for agents. They offer additional tools like Listing alert to send MLS listing alerts to clients, friends & families.
- MostHomeWireless.com - offers a solution for individual Realtors and also a solution to implement for an entire board/MLS.
Client/Buyer access to MLS Data
- MLSPDA.com - agents & offices can use this technology to offer buyers the ability to search the MLS via mobile phones. Currently the are in Beta Mode in San Diego County, CA.
- SmarterAgent.com - offers a GPS based system for consumers to search for apts. for rent and homes for sale. Will be offering a privately branded search option for real estate agents.
Mobile Blogging Tools: