After many years in a home it’s no longer just a property or a “thing”. It’s part of your life, it’s part of your life story. It can be an extremely difficult decision to part with a place in which you’re not only comfortable, but which also holds a lot of memories.
Even a wonderful home can start to be a burden and difficult to keep up with. After many years most homeowners start deferring maintenance. There are several things at play. The most common is you just get used to it. I know in my house we have a two missing thresholds. They’ve been missing since we got the floors refinished years ago. The contractor was supposed to come back and install them, but we simply didn’t follow up to ask him to come back. We unconsciously decided to just live with it. At least once a month I think “I really need to get these things installed…maybe next week I’ll call someone.” That's been happening for years. We all do it. Every few years, there is something else that we just decide to live with.
When it comes time to consider selling, these little things have added up to a major project. It’s easier to stay put than it is to deal with it. I get. I think everyone gets it because we all do it.
But, when a house becomes a burden of time, expense, AND you’re on a fixed budget? Well, it can seem downright impossible to move forward, even if you’re ready and want to.
Are you ready to look at your options? Selling your home can be worry free, if you have the right partner to help you every step of the way.
Here are things the basic steps to understand your options:
- Contact NoVa House and Home your trusted neighborhood real estate expert email@example.com
- Get a comprehensive analysis of your property value
- Look at what a home sale will truly net you after all the fees involved (Did you know that Fairfax County now has a “Congestion Relief” tax that’s paid by sellers? There may be other things that you don’t know about, so use our expertise, we'll help you figure out your bottom line)
Map out your options
- Is it time to move?
- If so, where will you live next?
- If not, what do you need to do to "Age in Place"?
- Do you want to sell on the open market or arrange for a hassle free private sale?
- Do the net proceeds work with your overall financial goals?
- Make an informed decision that works for YOU
- Move on to the next phase in your life and leave the work to someone else from now on
You probably have an idea of what's perfect for you, why not explore the possibilities? A free consultation does not obligate you to anything, simply an exercise in understanding your options.
NoVa House and Home at Frankly Realty Inc.
Falls Church, VA