6 Important Reasons Why Blogging is Crucial for Your Business
It’s really disappointing when I hear a Realtor® say they don’t think there’s any value in having a blog. Au contraire. Your blog is one of the most valuable resources you have for building traffic to your website. All it takes is time and consistency.
Here’s 6 Important Reasons Why Blogging is Crucial for Your Business:
- Search Engine Optimization – By writing keyword-rich posts, you’re helping search engines find your website. Why? Since search engines love websites that are updated often, a blog post is one way to ensure that happens. A well-optimized post is Google gold.
- Interaction With Your Target Market – By writing topics that are of interest to your market, you’re opening up an opportunity for your readers to comment and discuss your post. Make it a habit to email blast your contact list with a “blog blurb” and link back to your post.
- Building Your Authority – Your posts are a reflection of your expertise and knowledge about a particular subject. As more and more people read your posts, they will get to know you as the real estate authority in your neighborhood.
- Be the Solution – This goes along with building your authority. Your readers will look forward to reading your posts. As you write, think of questions your buyers and sellers have asked you. Pose that question as a blog topic and then provide the answers.
- Post Your Listings – Be sure to write posts about your new listings. Include a main photo, description and other information about the property. Include a link (hopefully, within your website) to the community information where the listing is located. Make sure your blog has share buttons. Your readers may not be in the market right now, but they might know someone who is.
- Let Your Little Light Shine – Your blog is a great way to let people get to know you. Did you participate in a community event? Post pictures of yourself and write about the event; why you were involved, what it meant to you, what the event was about. When you get an award, professionally or personally, share that in a post.
Taking these 6 important reasons into consideration, it’s easy to see why a blog is crucial for your business’ success. Keep researching and writing about what your target market is interested in. Be consistent and be the solution. Optimize your posts and share them everywhere you have the opportunity. This will encourage the search engines to give your posts good rankings while building your reputation as the “go to person” in your area.