Selling Your House in an Election Year ...
If you are selling your house in an election year, there are a couple of things to keep in mind to make sure you don't let politics get in the way of earning top dollar on your house. Of course it doesn't matter if you're selling in League City / Galveston County, or anywhere else...
As passionately as you feel about one candidate or issue, just remember that others feel just as strongly about the opposite view, and one of those people may want to buy your house. Although it doesn't seem like political views should prevent a buyer from making an offer on your house, there are many people who are emotionally affected by the things they see in homes, and these emotions prevent them from fully and accurately evaluating your home's potential.
You can prevent your political views from scaring off potential buyers by keeping these things in mind.
- Don't put any political signs in your yard.
- Don't put any political bumper stickers on your car. Buyers may see these as they approach or leave your home for a showing.
- Avoid leaving political pamphlets on your counter or in other visible areas.
- Don't leave televisions or radios tuned to political programming.
- Avoid making political posts on social media as buyers often know (or find out about) the owners of the homes they are considering.
Subscribe to CommentsComment