10 Considerations when buying your Fort Worth Home
1. Does the home include your “NEEDS” features such as those you must have? For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, floor plan, garage?
2. Does the home have any of your “WANTS” features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo? Such as a large backyard deck, swimming pool, spacious family room, bonus or media room?
3. What is the general condition of the home? Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?
4. What do you like most about the home? Location, school district, distance to work, community area?
5. Will the home need major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Such as the furnace, water heater, or HVAC unit that may need to be replaced soon?
6. Is there anything about this Fort Worth home you don’t like? Could this be changed by remodeling, possibly renovation now or in the future?
7. Take a walk around the neighborhood. Are other homes well-kept? Indicating pride of ownership?
8. Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood? Perfer a corner or interior lot?
9. Does the neighborhood have what you want? Access to public transit, shopping, local parks?
10. Is this home a good investment for long term? Plan to sell in 5 -7 years?