In Dan Stewart’s Happy Grasshopper, he asked us to tell what are the Top 5 reasons for our thankfulness in our business dealings over the past five years.
What are most thankful for those things that have impacted our business the most on a daily basis.
1. Wife Vanessa – we are together almost 24/7 other than when she has her own appointments or her various errands to do for family or work. Whenever I need support administratively, business planning, whatever, she is there. It’s at a point where I couldn’t do without her. We have been doing this together for over 30 years.
2. Church, God, Bible – i.e. looking to a ‘higher power’. I am a person of Christian faith and for me, the fellowship with followers of the same thoughts, works, knowing that there is a personal relationship with Christ. Reading the ‘word’ helps in keeping one grounded and focused.
3. Outlook, by Microsoft. Around 1996 or 1997 we started using this program. The great thing is that the accumulated database can be synchronized and updated with other devices.
4. Zip Form and it’s accompanying transaction management system. As a part of our MLS member services, this program cost is free.
It has saved us gas, mileage and most of all, TIME! Now, we can have a customer, client, tenant review, discuss over the phone and then sign appropriate documents and then keep a recorded access for them to review too!
5. My Market Leader Website, with IDX and lead capture. Customers, clients, leads can search the entire Oahu MLS for properties at their leisure. It is updated every 15 minutes or so. At the same time, I can ‘see’ where they searching and help them in whatever way they wish.
6. EXTRA The above all are amazing, contributions to the success of our business. If I could name #6, it would be our FORD F150 XLT. It has been a workhorse for us. A part of our business is Property Management and it has been useful in hauling items, equipment and helping clients with their needs that sometimes happen on a short notice. Since it has an extended cab, including driver, 7 people can be transported.
As with other parts of the country, prices have increased and still climbing and is forecasted to go up next year. Begin your search find your future home in Hawaii. Feel free to modify your searches.