Day One, the drone wins the battle of the wits.
Here is what I learned on my 1st day as a drone pilot.
1) Owning a drone and reading the directions does not qualify you as a drone pilot.
2) Being an adult does not qualify you as a drone pilot.
3) They are serious when they say "do not try this indoors". They also mean it when they say find a BIG open space to practice.
4) Your drone can fly under a car and get stuck there.
5) Your drone can fly into a tree and get stuck there.
6) Adults, 14 year olds, and 15 year olds all suck the 1st time they try to fly a drone.
7) Battery life for the drone is about 12 minutes... thank God, that was about as much humiliation I could take in one lesson.
Looking forward to tomorrows lesson... out in a BIG empty field!